Watch the Big Omaha Video Series presented by Kauffman Foundation
We're excited today to release videos of the 16 entrepreneurs and innovators who took the Big Omaha stage May 9-10 in KANEKO. From the opening presentation by about.me co-founder Tony Conrad to the closing Q&A with Mailbox co-founder Gentry Underwood, these videos are packed with stories of success and struggle and filled with examples of entrepreneurship and innovation.
Press play on the video above to watch them all—experience the event start to finish—or click on an image or name below to watch an individual speaker's videos. Thanks to our video series sponsor, the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation.
The Big Omaha 2013 Video Series presented by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation:
- Tony Conrad, About.me - "Conrad encourages entrepreneurs to start movements, not companies"
- Megan Casey, Pack - "Pack founder Casey left Squidoo to “scare the pants off myself'"
- Peter Hudson, M.D., iTriage - "iTriage founder believes in pursuing what you 'can’t not do'"
- Alejandro Velez & Nikhil Arora, Back to the Roots - "Back to the Roots grows business to 'make money and do good'"
- Catherine Rohr, Defy Ventures, Inc- "Catherine Rohr helps former felons defy odds, start businesses"
- Anil Dash, ThinkUp - "Dash challenges community to find meaning in time spent online"
- Ben Milne, Dwolla - "Ben Milne tells Big Omaha crowd not to “be worried about what is normal”
- Extended Speaker Q&A Panel - "Speaker Q&A addresses investor meetings, mistakes and mic skills"
- Marc Eckō, Marc Eckō Enterprises - "Marc Ecko deciphers The Notorious B.I.G.’s “Ten Crack Commandments”
- Antonio Neves, THINQACTION - "Antonio Neves wants you to ask yourself, “Who makes you better?”
- Diana Kander, Kauffman Foundation - "Kander tells founders to let their startup baby grow"
- Dave McClure, 500 Startups - "McClure’s point that “everything sucks” gets lost in everything else"
- Cindy Gallop, IfWeRanTheWorld & Make Love Not Porn - "On quest to redefine business, Cindy Gallop addresses attitudes on sex"
- Noah Kagan, AppSumo - "Noah Kagan pushes entrepreneurs to focus on self-improvement"
- Micah Baldwin, Graphicly - "Micah Baldwin gives tips for taking care of yourself"
- Gentry Underwood, Mailbox - "Gentry Underwood closes Big Omaha with the story of Mailbox"
Credits: Video by Quadrant5. Snippet photo by Malone and Company.
Big Omaha is a two-and-a-half-day event that aims to inspire, educate and celebrate the entrepreneurial ecosystem in the heart of the Midwest. Produced by Silicon Prairie News, it's part of the Big Series, the nation's most ambitious events on innovation and entrepreneurship.
The Big Omaha Video Series is presented by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation
Based in Kansas City, Mo., the Kauffman Foundation is among the largest foundations in the U.S. with a mission to foster a society of economically independent individuals who are engaged citizens, continuing the improvement of their communities.