Hackovate Health reveals 10 finalists that will compete for $15k on Feb. 26
H&R Block and Think Big Partners announced today the 10 companies that will be competing in its inaugural Hackovate Health competition Feb. 26. The competition, which was announced in November, challenges entrepreneurs to dream up an online or mobile app that could help consumers navigate today's health care landscape.
Among the 10 companies selected by the Kansas City, Mo.-based tax services provider and panel of judges, are four from the Kansas City area. The other six come from Seattle, Miami, Boston, Torrence, Calif. and as far away as Ireland and Pakistan.
"We are extremely impressed with the quality of Hackovate Health submissions," Think Big Partners co-founder Herb Sih said in a press release. "Those selected to participate in the Hackovate Health Finale now have a real opportunity to solve real problems in the healthcare industry."
In less than two weeks, the finalists will compete for the competition's $15,000 grand prize provided by H&R block, along with the opportunity to meet with the company's senior management.
Finalists from Kansas City area:
- Tami Hutchinson, eLuminate Health (Kansas City, Mo.)
- Matthew Kafka, ReMARK Health (Kansas City, Mo.)
- Jug Stanovcic, HealthPlan Select by Stenuus (Overland Park, Kan.)
- Chrys Sullivan, My Healthcare Reform Guide by eXperient Interactive & Useagility (Kansas City, Mo.)
Finalists from around the globe:
- Asher Hasan, Naja Jeevan Rejuvenate: Transformation Healthcare for the Uninsured (New Life) (Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan)
- John McCluskey, OkCopay, Inc. (Seattle)
- Liam Ryan, GetHealth (Dublin, Ireland)
- Scott Speranza, inAssist Health Management Solution (Torrance, Calif.)
- Karan Srivastava, SHHADE (Miami)
- Anant Vinjamorri, Aavya Health (Boston)
At Union Station's new "Extreme Screen" on Feb. 26, the finalists will deliver a 10-minute pitch and open themselves up to a 5-minute Q&A session before a panel of judges.
The Hackovate Health Finale is free and open to the public. To register for the event, visit hackovate.eventbrite.com.