Prairie Moves: Tech that puts Google Fiber to use to launch soon
Prairie Moves is a roundup of career changes, media coverage, product development and other updates from the companies and individuals regularly covered by Silicon Prairie News. To submit an item for consideration, please email email@example.com or use the form below.
"Google Fiber-Inspired SightDeck Brings Hollywood Effects To VC Pitches And Telepresence Meetings" - Fast Company reported that a video conferencing technology developed in Los Angeles is set to launch next week in Kansas City, Mo.
"It was a big step for us, going from the comfy corporate job to work at our own startup." - Instin co-founder Rodrigo Neri reflected on 2012, which included quitting his day job and pursuing his startup full time. - Rodrigo Neri's blog
- Left Hand Labs released Shapely, a design and photo editing app - shapelyapp.com, App Store and SPN
- Torsion Mobile announced the release of Mojaba Analytics - Press Release and Des Moines Register
- Trellie, a call notification gadget for women, launched on Kickstarter - Press Release, SPN and Kansas City Star
Product and business updates
- Google launched Zavers by Google, a digital coupon product created by former Kansas City, Kan. startup Zave Networks - Google Commerce blog, TechCrunch, The Next Web, ZDNet and SPN
- Hudl rolled out redesigned mobile athlete and team pages - Hudl blog
- LockPath, a provider of innovative governance, risk and compliance applications, announced the full integration of its Keylight platform with McAfee Vulnerability Manager - Press Release
- My Diabetes Home redesigned its website - mydiabeteshome.com
- Clickstop completed its warehouse expansion - Press Release
- "Appcore on hot streak, nearly triples employees in 2nd half 2012" - Des Moines Register
- Bawte - "SBC: An Innovative Idea" - CEA
- RecBob - "Stars aligning for Cedar Rapids sports web app RecBob in 2013" - The Gazette
- Funeral Innovations - "Baby Boomers' Last Wishes: Motorcycle Hearses And Facebook Obits" - All Things Considered
- Hudl - "Hudl Founders Collaborate to Help Teams Win" - University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- clusterFlunk - "clusterFlunk launches Jan. 22" - The Gazette
Gig Bits is an occasional feature keeping our readers up to speed on Google Fiber. Read Gig Bits.
- "Google Fiber-Inspired SightDeck Brings Hollywood Effects To VC Pitches And Telepresence Meetings" - Fast Company
- "Why Is Google Fiber the Country's Only Super-Speed Internet?" - Wired
- "The Star's editorial | Reardon's leadership created a better KCK" - Kansas City Star
- "Innovation leaders receive awards from Iowa group" - Des Moines Register
- "An entrepreneurs true startup: Family" - James Eliason
- "Kansas City Bound" - Alyx Falkner
- "2012 Year in Review & 2013 goals" - Rodrigo Neri
- "Instin 2012 Year in Review" - Instin
- "Importance of the STEM Jobs Act" - Tej Dhawan
- "A Look Back: 8 Awesome Moments For KCITP in 2012" - Kansas City IT Professionals
- "13 Little Things You're Doing to Sabotage Your Success" - Brent Beshore
- "The Quiet Curse of the Midwestern Work Ethic" - John Kreicbergs
- "Slow start to 2013 CES" - John Jackovin
- "CES shows oversaturation of consumer electronic markets" - John Jackovin
- "Consumer Electronics Show: The Wrap-up" - John Jackovin
- "Top of Mind with Thom Ruhe" - Thom Ruhe
- "Teaming up with Major League Gaming" - Dwolla
- "Kyle's Bo Jackson" - Hudl
- "Front Flip Insider of the Week: Sloane Heller" - Front Flip
- reddit's Erik Martin discussed the "Silicon Prairie" film at CES - "Erik Martin of Reddit at 2013 CES"
- Kansas City IT Professionals released Zach Kaplan's Compute Midwest talk - "We're Trying To Ignite A Digital Manufacturing Revolution"
Credits: Screenshot from fastcompany.com.
Prairie Moves are brought to you by Polsinelli Shughart PC
When it comes to technology, last week's innovations are this week's past practice. Polsinelli technology attorneys work on a daily basis with clients creating or using innovative technology. We understand each client's business and provide value every step of the way. Check out our Science and Technology Law Group to learn more information.