Prairie Moves: National press sheds light on region’s startup community
Prairie Moves is a roundup of career changes, media coverage, product development and other updates from the companies and individuals regularly covered by Silicon Prairie News. To submit an item for consideration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below.
"Tech Start-Ups Find a Home on the Prairie" - The New York Times was among four national outlets to write about Silicon Prairie startups in recent days. CNN Money, MSN Business on Main and Mashable were the others.
"But investors typically assume that there is a market leader and they can't be caught. Which is dead wrong." - James Eliason blogged about the trials of communicating his startup's mission to investors. - James Eliason blog
- Ben Barreth joined Geeks With Blogs as a community builder and software developer - LinkedIn
- Kristin Kenney, a science and technology attorney, joined Polsinelli Shughart as an associate - Polsinelli Shughart
Product and business updates
- Social Money announced a new product, CorePro, with a new stategic partner, The Bancorp, Inc. - SPN and Des Moines Register
- GolfStatus - "The Big Plate Case Studies: Golf Status" - The Big Plate
- 1 Million Cups - "Meet 1 Million Cups, the biggest startup event in Kansas City that’s about to hit 18 more cities" - VentureBeat
- 1 Million Cups - "Kauffman Foundation goes national with 1 Million Cups pitch event" - Kansas City Business Journal
- "Business pitches win cash at UNO competition" - Omaha World-Herald
- "Tech Start-Ups Find a Home on the Prairie" - New York Times
- "Google Fiber Ignites Kansas City Startup Scene" - Mashable
- "5 Companies to Watch in the Silicon Prairie" - MSN Business on Main
- "Cities where startups are thriving" - CNN Money
Gig Bits is an occasional feature keeping our readers up to speed on Google Fiber. Read Gig Bits.
- "Google Fiber Demo by BTIG's Rich Greenfield and Walt Piecyk" - BTIG Research
- "Startups find a way to get blazing fast Google Fiber" - VentureBeat
- "How are you going to catch your largest competitor?" - James Eliason
- "Product launch teaches pivotal lessons" - Dan Shipton
- "Happy Thanksgiving!" - Hudl
- "Discovering the Startup City" - Lesa Mitchell
- "Women in the Kansas City startup scene" - BetaBlox
- "Compute Midwest: The Convergence Of Tech" (Photos) - Compute Midwest
- "RareWire Launch Party" (Photos) - RareWire
- "RareWire Launch Party - Photo Wall" (Photos) - RareWire
- "Bonus Day Project: Russ Chimes" - Phenomblue
- "The Good Side of Failure: Three Painful, but Worthy, Lessons" - Dane Stangler
- "Damn It Feels Good to Be an Entrepreneur" - Tim Henningsen
- "Featured Client: Tried, Tested and True - Airport Life" - Why Status Quo
- myHomework’s History & Design Evolution - Rodrigo Neri
- "Thanksgiving eve record breaking for Meredith’s Allrecipes.com" - Des Moines Register
- Dwolla announced prizes for its Old MacDonald Hackathon - Dwolla blog
Credits: Screenshots from respective websites.
Prairie Moves are brought to you by Polsinelli Shughart PC
When it comes to technology, last week's innovations are often this week's past practice. The Technology Law attorneys at Polsinelli Shughart PC are passionate about companies that create and utilize technology in today’s world. We focus on understanding each startup’s business to deliver strategic solutions to provide the most value.