Startup Weekend Omaha pitches begin at 6 p.m. at The Mastercraft
Startup Weekend Omaha facilitator Shane Resier welcomes the competitors Friday.
The nearly 48-hour window that teams have to finish their Startup Weekend Omaha projects comes to an end at 6 p.m. when each presents their ideas in a five-minute pitch. This free and open to the public event takes place in room 214 (above) of The Mastercraft building (1111 N. 13th St.). If you're attending, look for Startup Weekend Omaha signs. Unfortunately, a live stream of tonight's pitches will not be available.
Tonight's judges are: Bart Dillashaw, Nebraska Angels president; Christian Renaud, StartupCity Des Moines principal; Brian Branigan, LoCoCoLo president; Mark Crawford, Invest Nebraska CEO; and Ginny Wood Martin, Nebraska Global vice president.
The pitches will be evaluated on three equally-weighed criteria: customer validation, business model and execution.
- Let's Brew - Helps beer fans become brewers.
- ActivityPass (@activitypass, Facebook) - A way to share photos and videos of youth activities in a safe online environment.
- Common Unity - An online community that connects international and local students and provides resources for student's studying abroad.
- Small Potatoes Co. (@smallpotatoesco, Facebook) - A website that connects lovers of locally grown produce with their neighborhood gardeners so none of the good stuff goes to waste.
- Simplyfi - A wireless network that's simple to set-up, simple to expand and simple to manage.
- Scramble Fit - A mobile app that provides users a random six-step, full-body workout.
- Shake Box - A self-service kiosk for custom protein shakes.
- Water Bear Games - A website that provides a place where users can download print-and-play board games and designers can upload games for review.
Learn more about the teams, including which technologies they're using, at startupweekend.org.
Follow the action on Twitter: #SWOmaha.
Notes: Silicon Prairie News is a media sponsor of Startup Weekend Omaha.
Credits: Photo by Danny Schreiber.