Prairie Moves: Business Journal talks entrepreneurship with Peter deSilva
What is Prairie Moves?
Published Tuesdays and Fridays, Prairie Moves is a roundup of career changes, media coverage, product development and other updates from the companies and individuals regularly covered by Silicon Prairie News.
"Up Close: Peter deSilva, president of UMB Bank" - The Kansas City Business Journal's Alyson Raletz interviews Peter deSilva, the champion of the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce's Big 5 initiative to make Kansas City America's "most entrepreneurial city."
"What I'm trying to get at, in what feels like ten billion words, is that a lot of people are trying to help us and there are a lot of opportunities to find." - ActiveGrade co-founder Riley Eynon-Lynch says "thanks" in a blog post that provides updates of the startup's progress. - ActiveGrade blog
- Banno will receive a $1 million loan from the Iowa Economic Development Authority's Innovation Acceleration Fund and a matching $1 million loan from the private sector - IEDA and SPN
- Hugh Weber joined Montessorium as Chief Cultural Officer - Montessorium blog
- Electric Human released Due Date, a stork delivery game on iOS - App Store
- 42 completes largest project to date with barHappy redesign - 42 blog
- Digital Evolution Group launched a new website for Bushnell - bushnell.com
Product & Business Updates
- Montessorium "completely reworked" Alpha Writer - App Store and Montessorium blog
- RecBob chosen to present at DEMO - Des Moines Register
- Angel Capital Group announces new membership program, Angel Explorer - Press Release
- inCharge will launch three kiosks at Livestrong Sporting Park in Kansas City on Friday - SPN
- eCreamery - Shark Tank - ABC
- eCreamery - Omaha's eCreamery 'swimming in orders' after 'Shark Tank' airing - Omaha World-Herald
- John Schnipkoweit of RecBob - Co-founder And CEO of RecBob Facebook App For Adult Recreational Sports - Killer Startups
- ActiveGrade - Forget Traditional Report Cards! Education Startup ActiveGrade Is Going To Revolutionize The Grading System - Killer Startups
- Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce's Big 5 Ideas - Up Close: Peter deSilva, president of UMB Bank - Kansas City Busienss Journal
- Drone Journalism Lab at University of Nebraska-Lincoln - Drones: Journalists With Flying Robots - Online News Association
Gig Bits is an occasional feature keeping our readers up to speed on Google Fiber. Read Gig Bits.
- Want Google Fiber? Choose your plan now! - Google Fiber Blog
- Google Fiber’s gigabit gamble has implications far beyond KC - Kansas City Star
- Google Fiber Speed Test (download and upload) - Ramsey Mohsen
- Google Fiber: Speed Testing Facebook, YouTube, and Netflix - Ramsey Mohsen
- Thank You: Local Support, Teacher Support, National Support - ActiveGrade
- Production Access Denied! Who caused this rule anyways? - Matt Watson
- How Far Should You Develop an Idea Before Selling It? - Growthology
- Pipeline’s powerful network and it’s impact on a serial entrepreneur - Toby Rush
- Hello Zeptonn - Montessorium
- Sans Laptop - Jack Perry
- Five Questions Answered About Book'd - Book'd
- 10 things you do online that would never fly IRL - Ramsey Mohsen
- The 9 People on My Bucket List - Brent Beshore
- The Henry W. Bloch School of Management at the University of Missouri-Kansas City announced both their graduate and undergraduate entrepreneurship programs have been ranked among the top 20 in the nation by Princeton Review - Press Release
- Iowa part of inaugural Google for Entrepreneurs Week - SPN
- Though Matt Waite's Knight News Challenge submission, "Internet of Things," did not win a grant, it was named a finalist - Knight Foundation
- The Nebraska Chamber of Commerce and Industry is using MindMixer to collect ideas - NebraskaIdeas.com and Omaha World-Herald
- Marketplace: The United States of Tech - American Public Media
Credits: Screenshot from bizjournals.com.