Prairie Moves: Kansas City pivots to become a smart city
What is Prairie Moves?
Published Tuesdays and Fridays, Prairie Moves is a roundup of career changes, media coverage, product development and other updates from the companies and individuals regularly covered by Silicon Prairie News.
"Pivoting To Create A Smart City" - Fast Company's Boyd Cohen compares Kansas City's decision to secure Google Fiber to the pivot made by a lean startup.
"From my interactions with Omaha startup folks, they're smart, authentic, hustling entrepreneurs who would rather lose their house than their investors' money. We love that ethos and are bullish on the region." - Lightbank partner Paul Lee told The Street
- Bulu Box, a Lincoln, Neb.-based service that mails subscribers boxes of vitamin and supplement samples, closed a $400,000 Series A round led by Omaha's Dundee Venture Capital - SPN
- Jason Taylor, formerly at Ascend Learning/ATI, joined Stackify as CTO
- Craig Ferril, formerly at Saepio, joined Stackify as COO
- Harold Bradley stepped down as chief investment officer of the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation - Fortune and Kansas City Star
- Phenomblue designed and developed a new recruiting brand experience for the University of Nebraska-Lincoln - gobig.unl.edu and Phenomblue blog
- Phenomblue redesigned AQUAhydrate's website - aquahydrate.com and Phenomblue blog
Product & Business Updates
- Leap2 released its third version, which includes the Leap It feature - GigaOm, SPN and Leap2
- Hudl introduced practice scripts - Hudl blog
- LockPath GRC channel program sees explosive growth in 2012 - Press Release
- Pollenware and Kyriba partner to provide cash flow and working capital optimization in the cloud - Press Release
- OneLouder's Slices app - Slices for Twitter App Review - Dragon Rider Network
- StartupCity Spencer - Think big - Spencer Daily Reporter
- Banno - Banno: FS Vendors' Vendor of the Week - iMazuma
- Christian Renaud of StartupCity Des Moines - The Entrepreneurs: Christian Renaud - Des Moines Business Record
- 3 Surprising Cities for Small Business Success - The Street
Gig Bits is an occasional feature keeping our readers up to speed on Google Fiber. Read Gig Bits.
- Answering your questions—part two - Google Fiber blog
- An Introduction to Google Fiber Customer Service - Google Fiber blog
- Announcing Google Fiber premium TV content - Google Fiber blog
- Google Fiber will extend network to Westwood, Westwood Hills and Mission Woods - Kansas City Business Journal
- Pivoting To Create A Smart City - Fast Company
- Observations from the Strength as a Service Intern Team - Don't Panic Labs
- Rep. Boswell Visits StartupCity Des Moines - StartupCity Des Moines
- Free Range Entrepreneurs - Christian Renaud
- Mobile Health App: What’s Ahead for PocketHealth - Cognovant
- Mashable: " 'Call me maybe’ was robbed' – An eCommerce Hack Day Post-Mortem - Dwolla
- Trade knowledge for money with tips.io, Dwolla API winner - Dwolla
- Ready, Set, Record – Win a spot for your startup at DEMO - StartupIowa
Credits: Screenshot from fastcoexist.com.