Prairie Moves: Technology grows in the farmer’s field
What is Prairie Moves?
Published Tuesdays and Fridays, Prairie Moves is a roundup of career changes, media coverage, product development and other updates from the companies and individuals regularly covered by Silicon Prairie News.
"Farmers dig into the digital world" - The Kansas City Star examines (above) the use of social media and mobile apps by farmers, including a look at AgLocal.
"We are hoping to keep these people in the Iowa ecosystem. We don't have enough openings to handle all of them but these are very highly qualified people. We need to do what we can to find jobs for these people and keep them here in Iowa." - Banno's Wade Arnold reacts to Peregrine Financial Group's Chapter 7 bankruptcy - Des Moines Register
- Kate Stevenson joined Bulu Box as director of brand relationships
- Grain & Mortar redesigned the Omaha Bikes website - omahabikes.org
- Electric Pulp launched a site for our friends Knockaround - knockaround.com
- QA Graphics created the website HyVee 360 for Hy-Vee - hy-vee360.com and Press Release
Product & Business Updates
- Divshot won Crowdstart LA, launched rebranded identity and design - PandoDaily, SPN and Divshot blog
- Proxibid - Gary Sadlemyer interviews Proxibid’s Senior Vice President of Operations Jason Nielsen - KFAB
- KCnext's Go: The Future of Mobile Payments - Chirpify's Founder Building a Web Payment Gateway - Bank Technology News
- KCnext's Go: The Future of Mobile Payments - Fed Official Plots Course for Emerging Mobile Payments - Bank Technology News
- KCnext's Go: The Future of Mobile Payments - Dwolla Signs Up 12 Financial Institutions for its Mobile Payment Network - Bank Technology News
- KCnext's Go: The Future of Mobile Payments - KCNext Explores the Future of Mobile Payments - Think Big Partners
- Jeff Smith of Kansas City - 30 Tweets That Are So 2006 - Buzzfeed
- Wade Arnold of Banno - Banno CEO reaches out to former Peregrine employees - Des Moines Register
- Ben Vu - Rising costs of marketing iPhone games scares developers - VentureBeat
- Jeff Slobotski of Silicon Prairie News - How Jeff Slobotski Turned The Midwest Into The Silicon Prairie - Fast Company
- Farmers dig into the digital world - Kansas City Star
- States urged: Cultivate entrepreneurs, encourage startups - Omaha World-Herald
Gig Bits is an occasional feature keeping our readers up to speed on Google Fiber. Read Gig Bits.
- Who's afraid of Google fiber? Time Warner for starters. - GigaOm via Techmeme
- KC/IABC Today: Rachel Hack on Google Fiber in Kansas City - IABC Kansas City
- Dwolla was named as one of Business Insider's "11 Most Disruptive Startups"
- Sojern was named one of the "2012 AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies"
- Dan Shipton talks iOS Design - StartupCity Des Moines
- Entrepreneur Corner Brings Out the Inner All-Star in All of Us - Think Big Partners
- In-depth with the Think Big i-Team: Emily Leeper - Think Big Partners
- Kansas City's All-Star Game Hits a Social Media Home Run - Think Big Partners
- Silicon Prairie News' Geoff Wood provided an overview of Lessing Flynn's Battle of the Brands startup bracket - AdMavericks blog
- The new Dwolla API page has a Konami Code surprise ( ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A ) - developers.dwolla.com
- Eight Iowa hospitals honored for use of technology - Des Moines Register
- Social media ‘influencer’ coming to Des Moines Aug. 30 - Des Moines Register
Credits: Screenshot from kansascity.com