Prairie Moves: Dwolla rolls out Places, Want button
What is Prairie Moves?
Published Tuesdays and Fridays, Prairie Moves is a roundup of career changes, media coverage, product development and other updates from the companies and individuals regularly covered by Silicon Prairie News.
"A want button, for all the Places you want Dwolla." - Ben Milne introduced two new Dwolla features, Places and its Want button. These will help the startup expand their reach and allow users to more easily find businesses that accept the payments network.
"It's an incredible thing for us to get someone like Deb on our team at this time." - Goodsmiths CEO James Eliason said about the startup's recent addition of Deb Ohrn, a former Meredith editor in chief and marketing director - Des Moines Register
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Dice Holding of Urbandale, Iowa bought Dow Jones' finance, tech job board - Des Moines Register
- AgLocal raised the first $1 million of a potentially larger seed round led by Andreessen Horowitz and OpenAir Equity Partners - TechCrunch, SPN and Kansas City Business Journal
- Deb Ohrn, formerly editor in chief and marketing director of Meredith's Better Homes and Gardens Crafts Group, will join Goodsmiths on July 23 as a creative marketing adviser - Des Moines Register
- Carl Schramm, formerly the president of the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, is now a university professor at Syracuse University - Syracuse University news
- John Deere launched JDLink for Android - Goolge Play
- VolunteerLocal launched a re-designed homepage - volunteerlocal.com
Product & Business Updates
- Dwolla rolled out Places and its Want button - Dwolla blog, TechCrunch and The Next Web
- Goodsmiths approaching $1 million in inventory - Des Moines Register
- 21CSi and TSI partner to launch Pace of the Game casino video analytics software - 21CSi
- eDossea - Sending dental X-rays: why email should not be your option - Dental Economics
- Airport Life App - A Few Good Ideas for Product - New York Times
- Plains Angels - Hicks: New group helps startups and entrepreneurs connect with early-stage investors - Des Moines Register
- DailyMav - DailyMav.com – A Student Startup Focused on Training and Launching - Nebraska Entrepreneur
- Instin - myHomework App – In 15 Months They Reached 2 Million Downloads And The Founders Were Still Working Their Day Jobs - Killer Startups
Gig Bits is an occasional feature keeping our readers up to speed on Google Fiber. Read Gig Bits.
- O'Brien: As Google gets ready to launch its gigabit network, Kansas City asks: Now what? - San Jose Mercury News
- Who's driving your broadband bus? - GigaOm
- Ben Milne of Dwolla - Taking On the Entire Banking System - Inc.
- The Big Question: "When can I get Change?" - BitMethod
- OpenAir Equity Partners News - OpenAir Equity Partners
- Meet the Mentor: John LaMarche - StartupCity Des Moines
- How to protect intellectual property - Emily Harris
- Thanks for Attending iKC! - Think Big Partners
- This is gonna be big. - Seedlauncher
- So, after two years as dean, what’s it like not to be dean? - Gary Kebbel
- Tattoos, Tablets and Tecates - Jack Perry
- TEDxOmaha speaker submissions are now open - TEDxOmaha
Credits: Screenshot from dwolla.com