Stay tuned for the Big Omaha videos presented by Microsoft BizSpark
Videos featuring Charles Best of DonorsChoose.org (above) and the 13 other speakers of Big Omaha 2012 will soon be released on Silicon Prairie News, thanks to the support of Microsoft BizSpark.
With another event freshly entered in the annals of SPN history now is the time to remind you that you don't need to wait 12 months to experience more of Big Omaha. Thanks to the support of Microsoft BizSpark, a major sponsor of Big Omaha 2012, we'll be releasing video of the 14 presentations delivered on Thursday and Friday.
BizSpark has been a strong supporter of our events and blog these past few years, and we owe them a tremendous debt of thanks. If you're unfamiliar with BizSpark, it's one of the most notable and successful programs run by a large corporation with the specific goal of helping startups succeed. We use it at Silicon Prairie News and we encourage you to check it out, as well.
Behind the production of the video series made possible BizSpark is our live-streaming partner Evolve of Des Moines and our video partner Three Pillars Media of Lincoln, Neb. We teamed up with the two companies to produce a live stream of the event, as well, which was presented by Hayneedle.
While you're waiting for the videos to be released, check out the 14 speech recaps:
- Ted Rheingold: 'You have great days and then crushing days.'
- Ben Lerer: 'It isn't about the light at the end … it's about the tunnel'
- Sahil Lavingia: 'Build products to scale yourself.'
- Jim McKelvey: 'Just go ahead and build it'
- Seth Goldstein: 10 tweets for startups
- Yael Cohen: 'We are the generation that can change the world'
- Philip Rosedale: 'Work together and help each other.'
- Brian Wong: 'Kiip Getting Lucky'
- Charles Best: 'Push intelligence out to the edge'
- Sarah Prevette: 'Fall in love with the problem'
- Eddie Huang: "I'm about getting papers, but I need a 'why' "
- Kevin Hale: 'Build software people want to have a relationship with'
- Michael Karnjanaprakorn: 'You should be a lifelong learner.'
- Mena Trott: 'Every lesson we have will tell us who we are'
Microsoft BizSpark is a global program that helps software startups succeed by giving them access to Microsoft software development tools, connecting them with key industry players, including investors, and providing marketing visibility to help entrepreneurs starting a business. BizSpark will fast-track the success of your startup with software, support an visibility.