Prairie Moves: DomiKnow, Legal Sonar, Chelsea Waits and more
What is Prairie Moves?
Published Tuesdays and Fridays, Prairie Moves keeps our readers informed about career moves, media coverage, product development and more from the companies and individuals we cover on Silicon Prairie News.
If you or your company would like to submit one of the items below for our next Prairie Moves post, please email email@example.com. And if you have suggestions on how we could improve these posts or any of our coverage, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Legal Sonar (Prairie Village, Kan.) was taken over by the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, a partner of the of the online attorney referral platform - Kansas City Business Journal
- DomiKnow (Des Moines) acquired Red Shoe Media (Des Moines) to expand its services beyond email marketing to include social media management - Press Release
- Chelsea Waits joined ShareWhere (Des Moines) as Marketing Manager and the startup's first full-time employee - ShareWhere blog
- Nate Adamson joined Shift (Des Moines) as a developer - twitter.com
- Golf Status' (Lincoln, Neb.) iOS app is now available - App Store
- Electric Pulp (Sioux Falls, S.D.) launched work it did for Ford, "Go Further with Ford" - gofurther.com
- 87central (Des Moines) launched a redesigned Des Moines Farmer's Market site - desmoinesfarmersmarket.com and Des Moines Egotist
- Flying Hippo Web Technologies (Des Moines) launched a new site for the Iowa Energy Center - iowaenergycenter.com and Des Moines Egotist
Product/Business Development and Milestones
- Battle Bears by SkyVu Entertainment (Omaha) rolled out an update to its Battle Bears Royale game - Battle Bears blog
- AgLocal (Overland Park, Kan.) - Mashable: "How AgLocal Wants to Change the Meat Industry" and TechCrunch: "7 Startups Launch Out Of NewMe Accelerator’s Spring 2012 Demo Day [TCTV]"
- RareWire (Kansas City, Mo.) - The Pitch: "RareWire wants to give you the technology to build your own apps"
- Sporting Innovations (Kansas City) - The Pitch: "Sporting Innovations tests new game-day experiences on Sporting KC fans"
- Hurrdat (Lincoln, Neb.) - The Pitch: "Hurrdat's athlete-endorsement deals are as quick and simple as a tweet"
- Dwolla (Des Moines) - U.S. News: "How Safe Are Mobile Payments?"
- Tikly (Des Moines) - Des Moines Business Record: "Innovative Companies: Tikly LLC"
- Veel Hoeden (Pella, Iowa) - Des Moines Register: "Pella’s Veel Hoeden finalist in national competition, needs your votes"
- Pipeline (Kansas City) - Omaha World-Herald: "Nebraska ‘energy' draws entrepreneur Pipeline"
- CityCamp Kansas City - BrainZooming: "9 Innovative Strategies in Kansas City at CityCampKC"
- Julie Mahloch of Bloom.com (Omaha) - CNN Money: "Cosmetics for aging women: Worth a million"
- Ryan Weber of KCnext (Kansas City) - The Pitch: "The Pitch Questionnaire with KCnext's Ryan Weber"
- Bo Fishback of Zaarly (San Francisco-based, Kansas City office) - Building 43: "Zaarly: Ask for Anything"
- Ron Osborne of SharePlow (Omaha) - Nebraska Entrepreneur: "SharePlow Founder: ‘Mountain’ of Opportunities for B2B Products"
- Marco Santana of the Des Moines Register - New View West Des Moines: "New In Town: Marco Santana"
- Des Moines Register: "Branstad taps former Wyoming official as Iowa's chief information officer"
- Nebraska Entrepreneur: "Everything I need to know for business I learned as a paper boy"
Gig Bits is an occasional feature keeping our readers up to speed on Google Fiber. Read Gig Bits.
- The Pitch: "Google's Big Gig is still a guessing game - one with room for many winners"
- Brainzooming: "Google Fiber Innovation – Paul Kedrosky on 4 Important Lessons"
- TechDirt: "Google's Fiber Makes MPAA Skittish. Why Does Hollywood See All Technology In Terms Of Piracy?"
- PC World: "Does Faster Internet Access Lure Piracy?"
- RecBob (Cedar Rapids, Iowa): "Meet the Team: John Schnipkoweit, CEO and Quarterback"
- The Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation released a video: "Startup Weekend Kansas City"
- Visual Logic (Waterloo, Iowa): "Looking Fancy at the Prometheus Award"
- Goodsmiths (West Des Moines, Iowa): "welcome to the new goodsmiths office!"
- Wade Foster of Zapier (Columbia, Mo.) on Young Entrepreneur: "How To Get The Most Out Of The Next 54 Hours"
- Wade Foster of Zapier (Columbia, Mo.): "If You Want Better Feedback, Ask Better Questions"
- LiveOn: "Hi, I'm LiveOn's first user. Nice to meet you."
- 3KB Graphics: "OpenIowa: Recap + Lessons Learned"
- Phenomblue (Omaha): "Bonus Day Project: Park Her"
- ActiveGrade (Iowa City, Iowa): "A Four-Step Proposal for the Education Renaissance"
- Kansas City Business Journal: "Hallmark app lets you mail a greeting card from your iPhone"
- Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier: "Southdale student awarded best in state for her Google doodle"
Credits: Photo by Fleur via Flickr