Spend your summer with SPN, apply for our event internship
Current interns, Kira Olson (left) and Amy Engle (right) join Brittany Mascio (middle) at our Startup Job Crawl event in February, one of many hands-on events our interns help us plan.
Do you like to write about startups? Check out our summer editorial internship.
This year, we set out to increase our role in connecting the Silicon Prairie community and in doing so, we've put together an ambitious schedule of events. This summer, we're looking for a summer intern to help us build upon our meetups, brainstorm for our summer ice cream social, prepare for Thinc Iowa – one of our premier events – and have a crazy good time on their summer vacation.
If you're a university student or recent graduate of one year or less with mad organizational skills and a sense of creativity that can't be beat, we want you. In this internship, you'll dive right into the Silicon Prairie News culture, work with us as a team and take ownership right from the get-go.
We'll be taking applications beginning today and we'll make the hire as soon as we find the best baller around, so center yourself from spring fever, focus and get your application in as soon as possible.
Location: Omaha or Des Moines
Silicon Prairie News is dedicated to highlighting and supporting entrepreneurs and creatives through our blog and event productions, such as our premier events Big Omaha and Thinc Iowa. (If you're unfamiliar with our events, check out the Big Omaha media coverage, Thinc Iowa media coverage or our photos on Flickr.)
The Summer Events Intern is a paid position that will be expected to work 20 hours each week in the Silicon Prairie News Omaha office starting late May and ending in August. While at work, you'll get down to business and have access to our fridge stocked with Red Bull and shelves lined with snacks.
- University student (undergraduate or graduate)
- Event planning experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Access to your own computer
Bonus qualifications (or willing to learn)
- Understanding of content sharing sites
- Active social media user
- Interest in startup culture and the tech industry
- Assist in planning Silicon Prairie News Meetups and outings
- Evaluate and contribute to audience engagement strategy
- Manage event communications, feedback and analytics
- Contribute blog content, such as event recaps and calendar updates
- Copy edit event promotional materials and proposals
- Assist in planning for Thinc Iowa
- Monitor and manage day-to-day communication
To apply, complete the form below (Round 1: Paid Summer Events Internship).
If you have questions, please contact Brittany Mascio at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest. This application has closed.
Credit: Photo by Justin Limoges