Prairie Moves: Jodi Stevens, VoterTide, Wade Foster and more
What is Prairie Moves?
Published Tuesdays and Fridays, Prairie Moves keeps our readers informed about career moves, media coverage, product development and more from the companies and individuals we cover on Silicon Prairie News.
If you or your company would like to submit one of the items below for our next Prairie Moves post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. And if you have suggestions on how we could improve these posts or any of our coverage, please contact email@example.com.
- Singly (San Francisco), a startup co-founded by Jeremie Miller of Cascade, Iowa, raised $7 million in a Series A round - All Things D, SPN
- Jodi Stevens joined Monk Development (San Diego) as Marketing Project Coordinator, working remotely from Des Moines
- VoterTide (Omaha) hired two employees in Washington, D.C.: Jim Green as VP of Business Development and Leah Frelinghuysen as Senior Advisor, Communications & External Affairs
Product/Business Development and Milestones
- ActiveGrade (Iowa City, Iowa) launched the first stages of its new interface and added sorting to its gradebook - ActiveGrade blog
- Zapier (Columbia, Mo.) - BetaKit: " 'If This Then That' Services Automating Online Tasks"
- RecBob (Cedar Rapids, Iowa) - Des Moines Register: "Tech Spotlight: RecBob"
- Syncbak (Marion, Iowa) - Variety: "TV changes on the way – but when?"
- Front Flip (Kansas City, Mo.) - Small Biz Technology: "Spoil (and delight) Your Customers With Mobile Rewards and Watch Sales Increase"
- Graffiti Tracker (Omaha) - Neon Tommy: "Graffiti Tracking System Saves Carson A Bundle"
- Locusic (Des Moines) - Business Innovation Zone: "Locusic Provides Local Musicians with a Local Audience"
- Jordan Lampe of Dwolla (Des Moines) - Des Moines Register: "How 'State of Now' grew from Kutcher/CNN Twitter challenge"
- Wade Arnold of T8 Webware (Cedar Falls) - Bank Technology News: "Bank Tech Isn't Cool — and Banks Know It"
- OpenIowa by StartupIowa - Office of the Liuetenant Governer of Iowa Kim Reynolds: "Lt. Gov. Reynolds meets with Startup City Des Moines and announces plans for OpenIowa competition"
- Startup Weekend Kansas City - Full Contact: "Startup Weekend Kansas City Recap"
- Iowa City Press Citizen: "Tech startups says Iowa offers perfect environment"
- Archrival (Lincoln, Neb.) was nomindated for a Webby award for the "Art of Flight" website in the Movie and Film category - webbyawards.com
- Wade Foster of Zapier (Columbia, Mo.): "Taking a Leap of Faith: Becoming a Full-Time Entrepreneur"
- Jerod Santos (Omaha): "Confessions of a Meteor Newb"
- Shelly Kramer of V3 Integrated Marketing (Kansas City, Mo.): "Brand Storytelling: How Crop Ventures Got My Attention"
- Scott Oppliger of SocialVolt (Overland Park, Kan.): "Protect Your Clients: Social-Media Tips for the Heavily Regulated"
- Bawte: "What People Share"
- Busy Coworking opened in Iowa City - SPN
- Nebraska native Jeff Raikes was honored in Omaha - SPN
- LockPath (Overland Park, Kan.) was named a finalist for MIT Sloan CIO Symposium's 2012 Innovation Showcase - Press Release
- KC Momentum: "What kinds of information on the city's website would benefit startup businesses?"
- Shoplr (Ames, Iowa) presents the Shoplr Kart 1.0 - facebook.com
- Video of Wade Foster's TEDxMU talk was released: "Confessions of a Recovering MBA Grad"
- Video of Collin Caneva's Ignite Lincoln talk was released: "Turning A Headwind Into A Tailwind"
- Dwolla (Des Moines) will be holding weekly "Hang Outs" for developers - Dwolla developer blog
Credits: Photo by Jiří Děcký via Flickr