UI designer, .NET developer, graphic designer, intern and more
We're excited to bring you our 86th Opportunities on the Prairie today, with positions at Envoy, Swanson Russell, Chemistry Advertising in Omaha; Hudl, Stone Fin Technology, Beehive Industries, Green Bein' Productions and SEMCAT in Lincoln; Bosselman Companies in Grand Island; Red Nova Labs in Overland Park, Kan. and Sporting Innovations in Kansas City, Mo.
If you have an opportunity to add, please contact Brittany Mascio at firstname.lastname@example.org with the listing and a short description of your company. We're looking for all types of opportunities, from week-long projects to full-time positions. We hope to help you make a connection.
If you apply to one below, please make sure to mention that you found it on Silicon Prairie News.
Envoy, Inc. is an advertising agency.
Envoy Inc is seeking a junior-level Web Design Intern to assist with web production services for
the design and development of web sites, email and social media assets in a Marketing &
Communications agency environment. This is a part-time, paid position for approximately 8–16
hours a week. The right candidate will have a high level of understanding and
abilities within traditional design fundamentals such as layout and grid systems, use of color,
typography, iconography, imagery, modern interaction design and web-standards based
Swanson Russell is an advertising agency.
Swanson Russell is looking for a dynamic and experienced designer with an appetite for conceptual thinking to work on national accounts. You’ll need lots of energy, enthusiasm and the attitude and personal passion for doing great work. You’ll have great interpersonal skills, at least 3-5 years of experience working in the graphic arts and/or advertising industry, and a portfolio full of great work to back it up.
Chemistry Advertising is an advertising agency.
We’re a creative-focused, somewhat-laid-back agency with an immediate opening for a talented, up-and-coming Graphic Designer or Art Director. The person we’re looking for needs to have a strong portfolio, proven talent for conceptual thinking and the ability to create great work without somebody standing over your shoulder.
Hudl is and online video analysis and coaching tools that help teams at all levels win, from youth to the NFL.
Do you love sports? Good. Because for you, there isn’t a better UI job on the planet. Hudl helps teams connect around the video and data they need to win with simple online software. Coaches and athletes love us because we make watching and analyzing video online so damn easy.
- Can recite the wisdom of Spool, Cooper, Tufte, Wroblewski and other giants in the field.
- Love seeing the world through someone else’s eyes building an interface that fits their mental model of the world.
- Are anxious to work on a variety of platforms and products (iPad, iPhone, Android, web app, thick-client desktop, etc.)
- Can tell the story of a product or service with sharp copy and crisp imagery.
- Sketch out your ideas on paper before you dive into your prototyping tool of choice (Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML & CSS)
- Know which details matter and how to push back and say “no.”
- Communicate your designs with developers and managers using the appropriate media and fidelity.
- Think that copywriting is crucial to building a great UI.
- Can’t wait to see real people use your designs in usability studies—even if it makes you grit your teeth.
Stone Fin Technology is a team of developers that creates custom solutions.
Stone Fin Technology is looking for a .NET Developer with project management interests to develop custom software solutions, lead projects and work closely with our technical professionals. Our team delivers "rock-star" custom development solutions quickly while exceeding our clients' expectations. We are known for our ability to pull off the impossible.
Stone Fin Technology is a team of developers that creates custom solutions.
Are you ready to join the Stone Fin Technology team today as an intern doing software development? You will work and learn with a team that is developing custom software solutions for clients throughout the country. If you think you would enjoy a fast-pace environment and working with a team to build kickass solutions, contact us today.
Beehive Industries is a software company within the Nebraska Global family that focuses on asset management for municipalities and utilities.
The current Beehive team consists of around 15 smart people, involved in many aspects of software engineering and product development. Our products handle infrastructure management of all kinds, and are currently focused on city government and utilities. Your primary role will be migration of new customers from their current system to the Beehive platform.
Green Bein’ Productions Inc. specializes in virtual world design and production.
We are looking for coders who understand virtual world mechanics, game development, and website gamification.
- Have developed Web, iPhone, and/or Android apps/games that can be demonstrated
- Are passionate about mobile gaming and the mobile games industry
- Are gamers who love a great MMO
- Write solid HTML5 code that is maintainable and elegant
- Are familiar with various graphics formats (or 3D graphics programming)
- Have the ability to try new ideas quickly in a rapid prototyping, experimental environment
- Are technical, creative, and independent – they hit the ground running and take on challenges as innovative and logical problem solvers
- Like working with others
- Speak and write well
- Are self-motivated to learn new technologies, tackle challenges, and grow professionally
- Pay attention to details and uphold quality
- Don’t scapegoat problems
- Ideally have some experience in the following: C/C++, SQL, and Linux
- Care about best practices, including: code reviews, continuous integration & deployment, and iterative dev
- Can manage their own server configuration and deployment setup in a pinch
- Participate in the local developer / technology community
To apply please send us (email@example.com) your resume, professional references and a paragraph that explains why you want to work for a start-up.
SEMCAT – Account Executive (Lincoln)
SEMCAT is an insurance comparative rating solution that helps independent insurance agents streamline their business.
Who are we looking for?
- Outstanding communication skills, verbal and written
- Results-oriented and a self-starter
- Natural sales skill can be a substitute for experience, but we'd prefer to see 1-3 years of strong B2B sales background.
- Bachelor's degree (business focus preferred)
- Solid computer skills
- Insurance background a huge +
You can work hard, be handsomely rewarded, and feel good when you go home after a successful day working with amazing people. Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this fantastic opportunity.
Bosselman Companies own and operate various convenient stores, hotels, restaurants in addition to the Nebraska Danger Indoor Professional Football Team.
The Bosselman Companies and the Nebraska Danger Indoor Professional Football Team seek a Multimedia Designer to join our Marketing Team. This position is responsible for the creation, development and maintenance of moderately complex marketing and multimedia communications including websites, digital and print graphics, social media, and video. This position reports to the Director of Corporate Marketing.
Red Nova Labs is a web development and marketing agency as well as a technology think-tank.
It has been said that great salespeople are like alligators: They have ears as small as thimbles, a mouth as big as a bass, and skin as thick as plywood. It may not strike you as a flattering metaphor, but we like it. We’re a high growth [blah blah blah] web and mobile development company and we’re looking for alligators—enthusiastic, outgoing, hardworking inside sales reps.
Sporting Innovations is a sports technology company.
Sporting Innovations is looking to hire a Software Developer for its team. This is a mid-level position for an experienced software developer, with a track record of innovative software application production. The ideal candidate will have a keen sense for innovation and development of quality software.