Prairie Moves: Bryan Lewis, Andrew Roger, iDealer and more
Photo by Ra McGuire via Flickr
What is Prairie Moves?
Published Tuesdays and Thursdays, Prairie Moves keeps our readers informed about career moves, media coverage, product development and more from the companies and individuals we cover on Silicon Prairie News.
If you or your company would like to submit one of the items below for our next Prairie Moves post, please email email@example.com. And if you have suggestions on how we could improve these posts or any of our coverage, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Carl Schramm has resigned as President and CEO of the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation (Kansas City) - press release, Kansas City Star, Kansas City Business Journal and SPN
- Bryan Lewis, formerly with Turnpost Creative (Omaha), joined Delinea Design (Omaha) as Lead Interactive Developer
- Andrew Roger joined Delinea Design (Omaha) as Lead Video Producer
- Punch Media (Des Moines) released Let's Drink, an app designed to help users save money by finding Des Moines' best food and drink specials - Apple and SPN
- Aireal Mobile (Kansas City) created an app for the 2012 Kansas City Restaurant Week - Apple, Android and press release
- myHomework (Kansas City) rolled out its iPad app - Apple, myHomework blog and myHomework website
- The Integer Group (Des Moines) created an app for Iowa Wine and Beer for the Iowa Tourism Office - Apple, Android, press release and Iowa Wine and Beer app website
- iapps24 (Des Moines) announced iDealer, an app for car dealers - iDealer website
- What Cheer (Omaha) worked with Union Pacific Railroad (Omaha) to create an online home for its 150th anniversary - up150.com
- SecretPenguin (Omaha) gave Omahype (Omaha) a design refresh for 2012 - omahype.com and SecretPenguin Facebook
- Flying Hippo Technologies (Des Moines) launched a site for Joppa - joppaoutreach.org
- Eliason Media (Des Moines) launched a site for Downtown Des Moines - downtowndesmoines.com and Eliason Media blog
- Proxibid (Omaha) rolled out Proxibid Classifieds - Press Release and SPN
- Tripleseat (Boston-based, Omaha office) rolled out Discussions, a private and secure area within a Booking that lets you discuss event details or documents - Tripleseat blog
- Dwolla (Des Moines) - Forbes: "Hate Swipe Fees? Start A New Payment Revolution!" and Entrepreneur Magazine: "How Dwolla is Building Its Brand by Giving Away Cash"
- Select Out (Lincoln) - The Kim Komando Show: "Top 10 Cool Sites of 2011"
- Bacon Reader by OneLouder (Kansas City) - Android Central: "Josh's most-used apps of 2011"
- AutoCorrect Switch by Innovating Solutions (Kansas City) - Fox 4 Kansas City: "App Extra: Two Useful Apps and a Great Local Blog" and SPN
- iSoft Data Systems (Lincoln), Lyconic (Omaha) and Roundscapes (Lincoln) - Nebraska Entrepreneur: "Investomers: What are they and how they could help your business"
- Only 10 Pounds (Omaha) - Nebraska Entrepreneur: "Entrepreneur Spotlight: Liz Renner with Only10Pounds.com"
- SketchCamp Des Moines - Des Moines Register: "Designers get their own ‘camp’ on tech scene" and "Des Moines debut of SketchCamp to mix local designers with technology"
- VoterTide (Omaha) - Omaha World-Herald: "The digital pulse of politics"
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln's Drone Journalism Lab (Lincoln, Neb.) - Make Magazine: "Predictions For 2012 – Add Yours!"
- Hudl (Lincoln) - University of Nebraska-Lincoln's Engineering School: "Software engineer Kaiser helps Hudl's domination"
- Google Fiber in Kansas City - Kansas City Business Journal: "Area firms are eager for specifics of Google Fiber plan" and KCTV 5 Kansas City: "Understanding Google Fiber better"
- SmartyPig (Des Moines) - MyBankTracker: "Do Low Rates Spell Trouble for Online Banks?"
- Zaarly (San Francisco-based, Kansas City office) - Mixergy: "Zaarly: How To Get 100,000 Subscribers In 3.5 Months – with Bo Fishback" and Mashable: "6 Important Startup Trends that Defined 2011"
- Uses This - Silicon Prairie Edition: "Jesse VanDerPol" and "Brian Hemesath"
- Jack Perry of Syncbak (Marion, Iowa): "CES 2012: Here Comes Syncbak"
Blogged - 2011 Recaps
- Rodrigo Neri of myHomework (Kansas City): "2011 Year in Review"
- Des Moines Business Record: "2011 Year in Review" and "A Year in Review: Tech & Innovation"
- Kansas City IT Professionals: "A Year in Review"
- Far Reach Technologies (Cedar Falls, Iowa): "Thanks to You, Our 2011 Has Been Pretty Memorable"
- Zaarly (San Francisco-based, Kansas City office): "Bo's Lessons from 2011 and Plans for 2012" and "My Favorite Zaarlys Of 2011, As Seen On Pinterest"
- Lincoln Journal Star: "Agricultural prosperity is top local, regional business story of 2011"
- The Flyover Effect by BitMethod (Des Moines): "TFE 2011 Wrap-up"
- Torsion Mobile (Des Moines): "Happy New Year From Torsion Mobile: What We’re Expecting in 2012"