Prairie Moves: Sue Munnik, Mark Palmer, Juan Gomez and more
Photo by Chilly Chill via Flickr
What is Prairie Moves?
Published Tuesdays and Thursdays, Prairie Moves keeps our readers informed about career moves, media coverage, product development and more from the companies and individuals we cover on Silicon Prairie News.
If you or your company would like to submit one of the items below for our next Prairie Moves post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. And if you have suggestions on how we could improve these posts or any of our coverage, please contact email@example.com.
- Sue Munnik and Mark Palmer joined Far Reach Technologies (Cedar Falls) as Director of Marketing and Creative Director, respectively - Far Reach announcement
- Juan Gomez, formerly with CSC (Kansas City), joined Handmark (Kansas City)
- Tina Davis joined the QA Graphics' (Ankeny, Iowa) interactive design team as a Flash developer.
- Lovgren Marketing Group (Omaha) released an Android "snow-app" with the City of Omaha - market.android.com and SPN
- Grain & Mortar (Omaha) launched its redesigned website - grainandmortar.com
- What Cheer (Omaha) launched a new photo website for DP Müller (Omaha) - dpmuller.com
- 8/7 Central (Des Moines) launched a new website for Tartine (Des Moines) - tartinedsm.com
- SmartyPig (Des Moines) is set to reduce its APY to .70 percent on Friday - blog.smartypig.com
- Locusic (Des Moines) is preparing for its third city, Austin, Texas - twitter.com/locusic
- Gigabit Challenge (Kansas City) announced its semi-finalists - Press Release and SPN
- Despite changes to CrunchBase profile, Sojern (Omaha) said it's not going anywhere - SPN
- SkyVu Entertainment's (Omaha) Battle Bears Royale, its first multi-player game, reached a Top 25 in the App Store - battlebears.com/blog
- Locusic, NotifyWorks, eDossea and AppCore (all based in Des Moines) - Des Moines Business Record: "4 technology start-ups to watch"
- Iowa State's Pappajohn Center for Entrepreneurship (Ames, Iowa) - Iowa State Daily: "Pappajohn Center for Entrepreneurship offers opportunities to all students"
- OneLouder (Kansas City) - Social Times: "BaconReader — The Unfortunately Named Best Way to Read Reddit on your Android Phone"
- SkyVu Entertainment (Omaha) - Pocket Gamer: "SkyVu shoots up to 14 million downloads of Battle Bears with Royale multiplayer release"
- Nebraska Entrepreneur: "Game Development & Starting a Company"
- Shoplr (Ames, Iowa): "Shoplr Report #3"
- Gigabit Challenge judge Ashley Raiteri: "Judge Not lest Ye Be Judged - Gigabit Google Challenge"
- Zaarly (San Francisco-based, Kansas City office): "Mayor Bloomberg Welcomes Zaarly to NYC"
- Think Big Partners: "Beatnik Radio Gives Back to the Kansas City Entrepreneurial Spirit"
- The University of Missouri-Kansas City's Bloch School of Management was ranked No. 1 in the world for innovation management research by the "Journal of Product Innovation Management" - UMKC, Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce and Kauffman Foundation
- MiAlio (Omaha) launched a company blog - mialio.com/blog.asp
- Technology Association of Iowa (Des Moines) has started political action committee - Des Moines Register
- Technology Association of Iowa (Des Moines) is now accepting nominations for its Prometheus Awards - technologyiowa.org
- Oxide Design Co. (Omaha) celebrated its 10-year anniversary by unveiling a Metro bus with its logo - facbeook.com
- The I_Blog Conference is now the Social Technology Conference - socialtechnologyconference.com
- A Des Moines store owner was interviewed on the Pinterest blog: "Interview with Chrissy Jensen: Owner of Domestica"
- Proxibid released a video explaining how to find items on Proxibid and get approved for auctions - fresh.proxibid.com