Prairie Moves: Clint Andrew Hall, Marco Santana, Fresk and more
Photo by Steve Corey via Flickr
What is Prairie Moves?
Published Tuesdays and Thursdays (one day late this week), Prairie Moves keeps our readers informed about career moves, media coverage, product development and more from the companies and individuals we cover on Silicon Prairie News.
If you or your company would like to submit one of the items below for our next Prairie Moves post, please email email@example.com. And if you have suggestions on how we could improve these posts or any of our coverage, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Steven Chau, formerly of CremaLab (Kansas City), joined Startup Weekend (Seattle) as a software engineer - SPN
- Marco Santana, formerly with the Daily Herald (Chicago), joined the Des Moines Register as a technology/startup reporter
- Clint Andrew Hall, formerly of Cerner (Kansas City), announced a future move to Facebook (Palo Alto, Cal.) - twitter.com/clintandrewhall
- SkyVu Entertainment (Omaha) released Battle Bears Royale, its first multiplayer game - Battle Bears blog and SPN
- Leap2 (Kansas City) released Leap2 Navigator, an application designed to improve the experience of searching on mobile devices - leap2.net and SPN
- OneLouder (Kansas City) released BaconReader app on Android for Reddit - Press Release, OneLouder blog, TechCrunch and SPN
- Oxide Design Co. (Omaha) redesigned its website, oxidedesign.com
- Fresk Labs (Des Moines) launched a website for the Des Moines Gay Men's Chorus - dmgmc.org
- Reliant Studios (Lincoln) produced a T.V. spot for the University of Nebraska at Omaha - vimeo.com
- Dwolla (Des Moines) cut its 25-cent fee on all transactions under $10 - Dwolla blog, SPN, TechCrunch, Business Insider, TMG Press Release
- DocLanding (Omaha) rolled out Sync - Press Relase
- Zaarly (San Francisco-based, Kansas City office) - Mashable: "Within the next couple of days, Zaarly will launch a self-serve version of the program that allows any business or individual to set up alerts for requests that they may be interested in completing." - mashable.com - and New York Observer: "Zaarly’s New York team is about to get a whole lot bigger, from two full-time employees up to a possible ten to 30 employees" - observer.com
- John T. Meyer of Lemonly (Sioux Falls) - Venture Beat: "How infographics jumped the shark"
- Zaarly (San Francisco-based, Kansas City office) - Fox Charlotte: "Zaarly.com: Website That 'Unlocks Wealth' "
- Locusic (Des Moines): "Expanding to the Twin Cities"
- Marco Santana of the Des Moines Register: "The start of something … new?"
- Kansas City, Mo. Mayor Sly James launched a new website - kcmayor.org
- Kansas City Star - Mention of entrepreneurship: "KC mayor develops priorities so progress can continue"
- Clickstop Inc. (Urbana, Iowa) received an Iowa Venture Award - desmoinesregister.com
- The Gigabit Challenge announced a $250,000 "Born Global" prize from Gramercy Private Equity - prweb.com