Prairie Moves: Sojern, Annie Sorensen, Wade Arnold and more
Photo by Earl Wilkerson via Flickr
What is Prairie Moves?
Published Tuesdays and Thursdays, Prairie Moves keeps our readers informed about career moves, media coverage, product development and more from the companies and individuals we cover on Silicon Prairie News.
If you or your company would like to submit one of the items below for our next Prairie Moves post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. And if you have suggestions on how we could improve these posts or any of our coverage, please contact email@example.com.
- Andrew Wirick, formerly with AppendTo, joined GoodTwin Design (Omaha) as co-owner, leader of technology, chief of finance and brewmaster - SPN
- Jason Sturges joined QA Graphics (Ankeny, Iowa) as Lead Programmer
- Stefan and Thomas Hansen, Garrett Cornelison and Anna Jones (all of Des Moines) launched "I Dreamt I Was A Postcard" - idiwap.com
- Dwolla (Des Moines) hinted at releasing a digital information kiosk in banks - facebook.com
- Sojern (Omaha) released its Sojern Media Platform - sojern.com and BizReport
- StartupCity Des Moines hosted their first "Pitch Day" last Thursday with nine startups from around the state pitching to three investment groups
- Startup Weekend Kansas City - SPN: All coverage, "Amazon product review analysis idea wins Startup Weekend Kansas City", Kauffman Foundation on Flicker: "Startup Weekend Kansas City" and V3 Integrated Marketing: "Innovation, Creativity Flourish During Startup Weekend Kansas City"
- Dwolla (Des Moines) - Business Insider: "This 28-Year-Old's Startup Is Moving $350 Million And Wants To Completely Kill Credit Cards", Hacker News: Comments on Business Insider story, Forbes: "Dwolla, The Dollar That Keeps Its Value", InQuid: "Dwolla – Bringing E-Commerce to New Heights", Des Moines Register: "Dwolla is everywhere, including Forbes, the Atlantic and tech blogs"
- Zaarly (San Francisco-based, Kansas City office) - Bloomberg: ""Fishback Says Zaarly Targets Market Not Touched by EBay
- Google Fiber in Kansas City: Brainzooming blog: "Google Fiber in Kansas City & Building the Gigabit City: What’s Next?", GigaOm: "You’ve got a gigabit network, so now what?", KCUR: "Google Fiber: The New KC Infrastructure"
- Annie Sorenson (Kansas City) - Entrepreneurs Unpluggd: "KC Entrepreneur Annie Sorensen: How to Deal with Corporate Types Who Envy Your Freedom [Snapshot]"
- OneLouder (Kansas City) - NBC Dallas-Fort Worth: "11-11-11 is Also Nigel Tufnel Day" (Video)
- Ben Milne of Dwolla (Des Moines): "2 Months in Another Man's Shoes"
- Shane Neuerburg of Dwolla (Des Moines-based, Osage, Minn. office) - "My Dwolla Story"
- Aspire Business Development (Kansas City): "25 Great pieces of Advice for Start-ups"
- Nebraska Angels (Lincoln, Neb.): "Meet the Angels Video: Roy Schumacher"
- DocLanding (Omaha): "iPhone App – Quick Tip"
- Christian Renaud of StartupCity (Des Moines): "Startups and Big Corporations- Pros and Cons" and "Superlinear Scaling in a Microcosm"
- Jeff Slobotski of Silicon Prairie News (Omaha office) was named a Case Foundation "Social Citizen Ambassador" - socialcitizens.com
- Phenomblue (Omaha) was named a finalist for the iMedia Agency Awards in two categories: Agency of the Year and Most Innovative Agency Website - more.phenomblue.com
- Wade Arnold of T8 Webware (Cedar Fall, Iowa) was named to WCF Courier's "20 Under 40" list - "2011 20 under 40 class named"
- Michael Dixon of UNeMed, Megan Hunt of Princess Lasertron and CAMP Coworking and David Milligan of Advent IP (all of Omaha) were named to the Midlands Business Journals "40 Under 40" list - "The Class of 2011" and SPN
- Inspired by author Peter Kageyama, Amanda Styron (Cedar Rapids, Iowa) launched "Love, Cedar Rapids" - lovecr.squarespace.com and twitter.com/pkageyama
- RestingSpot (Omaha) and Mobile Truckr (Lincoln, Neb.) will be competing at Friday's East 2 West Venture competition - SPN