Prairie Moves: Hillary Brown, Brian Ridder, Electric Pulp and more
Photo by Lois Elling via Flickr
What is Prairie Moves?
Published Tuesdays and Thursdays (one day late this week), Prairie Moves keeps our readers informed about career moves, media coverage, product development and more from the companies and individuals we cover on Silicon Prairie News.
If you or your company would like to submit one of the items below for our next Prairie Moves post, please email email@example.com. And if you have suggestions on how we could improve these posts or any of our coverage, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hillary Brown, formerly of Lava Row (Des Moines), joined the Integer Group’s public relations department - lavarow.com
- Brian Ridder joined Benaissance (Omaha) as Vice President of Sales and Benaissance co-founder Mark Waterstraat was appointed Chief Strategy Officer - businesswire.com
- VoterTide (Omaha), a social media analysis app focused on politics for both Washington insiders and the everyday consumers of news, launched into public beta - votertide.com, SPN, Tech President and e.politics
- Electric Pulp (Sioux Falls, S.D.) launched a new site for Ford, Escape Routes - escaperoutes.com
- MindMixer (Omaha) launched a site in Wichita, Kan., Trasit Talks - wichitatransittalks.com and Wichita Business Journal
- Hudl (Lincoln) released a list of features and updates, including Fundraising Beta and tools for college recruiting - hudl.com/blog
- Dwolla (Des Moines) - ABC News: "Visa, Mastercard Finds New Competitor From Des Moines?" and Penny Slouth: "Two 'Cash Killing' Startups to Watch"
- Aaron Sloup of KC Hub (Kansas City) - 1102 Grand blog: "1102 GRAND Features Aaron Sloup, KC Hub"
- Entrepreneurs Unpluggd event in Kansas City - Think Big Partners: "Zaarly, Think Big Partners & OsteoGeneX Come Together at Entrepreneurs Unpluggd KC"
- Tom Chapman of Nebraska Global - Nebraska Entrepreneur: "Keep Funding in Perspective"
- MAKE Collaboration's (Lincoln) The Prop - 1011 News Lincoln: "UNL Professor: 'The Next Steve Jobs is in High School in Nebraska.' "
- Think Big Kansas City: "PART 1: The Evolution of a Mobile Gaming App"
- Charise Flynn of Dwolla (Des Moines) was awarded a 2011 Women of Innovation Awards by the Technology Association of Iowa in the Small Business Innovation and Leadership category - From the release: "Flynn leads a team of 20, managing the company’s fast-paced growth, implementing new processes and systems, and executing the company’s vision." - technologyiowa.com
- Hudl's (Lincoln, Neb.) recently released iPhone app hit #4 in the Sports/Free category in the iPhone App Store on Wednesday - twitter.com/tysonj
- The video of Ben Milne of Dwolla (Des Moines) at DC Week was posted: "Where will Dwolla be 10 years from now? A Fireside Chat"
- Photos from the Entrepreneurs Unpluggd event in Kansas City were posted by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation - flickr.com
- The Silicon Prairie vs. California challenge posed by Scott Case of the Startup America Partnership Challenge at Thinc Iowa was covered by Inc. Magazine: "Is This the End of Silicon Valley?"
- Omaha’s bus system, Metro, rolled out the beta version of its Google Transit implementation - SPN