Weekly Wrap-Up: Post-Thinc Iowa, pre-Halloween spooky sounds show
We recorded Episode 111 of the Weekly Wrap-Up on Friday and intended to deliver it to you sooner, but, um… it took a lot of time in post-production to perfect the Halloween-themed sound effects we included in the show?
OK, maybe not. There wasn't a whole lot of (read: any) post-production sound editing involved.
But what the WWU lacked in professional editing polish, Danny and I made up for with a heaping portion of holiday enthusiasm, serving up a show full of Spooky sounds and seasonal decor. Of course, there was plenty of content to cover, too. And cover it, we did, starting with a Thinc Iowa postmortem and touching on a couple of the week's more noteworthy launches and fundings. But we'll let you delve into that bag of treats yourself. Without further ado, here's a rundown of what we covered in our review of the week that was on the Silicon Prairie:
Mentioned this week
- "A Thinc Iowa thanks"
- Five T.I. Takeaways: energy, Iowa pride, sponsor support, Scott Case's challenge and a continued conversation around "the common ground"
- "Serial entrepreneur Gordon Whitten to speak Thursday at Cornstalks"
- "Winter, Whitten teaming up to launch VoterTide in November"
- "Proxibid launches ticket site, unveils other upgrades"
- "Zaarly raises $14.1M Series A, adds former eBay exec Whitman to board"