Prairie Moves: Todd Razor, Becky Mollenkamp, Kickanotch and more
Photo by Ian Britton via Flickr
A few days late, again
Thinc Iowa preparations have me occupied during the week so I'm finding time to catch up on content on Saturdays and Sundays. Enjoy this fresh off the press Prairie Moves (links gathered through today) that's just a few days later than its usual Thursday appearance.
Also, if you'd like to see what we've been up to lately – Thinc Iowa preparations – I encourage you to grab a ticket to the event. It's taking place all-day on Friday and should prove to be an extremely valuable conference for all attendees, whether you come from a corporation, startup, small creative firm or no company at all, there will be takeaways on a variety of topics, which will be paired with a number of quality networking opportunities.
What is Prairie Moves?
Published Tuesdays and Thursdays, Prairie Moves keeps our readers informed about career moves, media coverage, product development and more from the companies and individuals we cover on Silicon Prairie News.
If you or your company would like to submit one of the items below for our next Prairie Moves post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. And if you have suggestions on how we could improve these posts or any of our coverage, please contact email@example.com.
- Digital Sports Ventures (Overland Park, Kan.) acquired by Digital Broadcasting Group - Press Release, TechCrunch and SPN post
- StartupCity Des Moines secured its fifth and final funding source, a $150,000 loan from Polk County, and opened its doors shortly after - SPN post, Des Moines Register Blog and StartupCity Des Moines blog
- Todd Razor, formerly a staff writer with the Des Moines Business Record, is now a Digital Public Relations Strategist with Performance Marketing (Des Moines)
- Becky Mollenkamp joined Startup City Des Moines as City Manager - startupcitydsm.com
- Sojern (Omaha) added San Francisco-based Brad King, formerly vice president of marketing for TellApart, and Chris Marrow, formerly Sojern's vice president for western region sales, to its executive team - Press Release and SPN post
- BitMethod (Des Moines) announced Change, a new take on the point-of-sale system - SPN Post, BitMethod blog
- Keymash (Kansas City) launched a simple QR code generator, Generate QR - generateqr.com
- SecretPenguin (Omaha) launched Project Everlast's mini-documentary and site, featuring monthly stories of local youth aging out of foster care - projecteverlastomaha.org
- Blend Interactive (Sioux Falls, S.D.) launched a redesign for John Battelle's Search Blog - battellemedia.com
- Kickanotch (Kansas City) celebrated its one-year anniversary, added three clients and introduced mobile app features to increase user adoption and revenue opportunities on iPhone, Android and BlackBerry devices - prnewswire.com
- SkyVu Entertainment’s (Omaha) new studio is under construction - omahagamedev.com/blog
- Shoplr (Ames, Iowa) official launched in Ames, Iowa - facebook.com
- Locusic (Des Moines) now allows bands – those within 50 miles of Des Moines – to upload its music to Locusic - locusic.com/blog
- Hudl (Lincoln) reached a "huge milestone": Coaches have broken down over 100 million unique plays on Hudl - twitter.com/hudl
- QuickCal (Omaha) - Wired: "QuickCal Mobile"
- Andy Peters of Ninth Division (Omaha) - Uses This - Silicon Prairie Edition: "Andy Peters"
- Dave Nelson of SecretPenguin (Omaha) - SkateHive.com: "Lucky 7 – Dave Nelson"
- Dwolla (Des Moines) - Geekpreneur: "Freelance Payment Options That Beat Paypal"
- David Howe of Red Nova Labs (Westwood, Kan.) - "Lawrence developer readies 'Mystery Ball' "
- Proxbid (Omaha) - Kiowa County Signal: "Brown: Technology is next step in auction evolution"
- Hurddat (Lincoln, Neb.) - KLKN TV: "Former Huskers start a business boosting company"
- "Silicon Prairie types" in Des Moines - Juice magazine: "Coffee Issue: Best for a business meeting"
- John Meyer of 9 Clounds (Sioux Falls, S.D.) on Young Entrepreneur Council: "Improve Your Business Using Digital Literacy"
- Brent Beshore of Columbia, Mo. authored a peice for the Columbia Daily Tribune: "Startups will help sustain our economy"
- Think Big Partners (Kansas City): "Top 5 Things Google Fiber Can Do for Kansas City (And 5 It Can Do for the World)"
- Hudl (Lincoln): "Fantasy Football: Our Secret Strategies"
- Nebraska Angels: "Meet the Angels Video: John Decker"
- Silicon Prairie stories of Steve Jobs - SPN post