PrairieCast with Brian Hemesath of Catchwind & VolunteerLocal (Video)
Episode 56: The one where everybody got funded
This week our guest on PrairieCast was Brian Hemesath the Des Moines-based serial entrepreneur who has founded five companies, including Catchwind, VolunteerLocal and Notifyworks. Hemesath previewed his BIZ Luncheon Series presentation on lessons learned while bootstrapping his startups.
Stay tuned here at Silicon Prairie News to see video of that presentation in full soon.
Discussed this week
- "With a 'wow' moment, Your Happy Plate wins Startup Weekend Omaha"
- "Bloch donates record $32 million to UMKC business school for expansion"
- "Gigabit Challenge announces $100K grand prize, rules, deadlines"
- "StartupCity Des Moines secures $250k from state, nears opening"
- "Innovation Chamber: A stack of aces"
Tej Dhawan of Startup City Des Moines was originally scheduled to join us this week but had to postpone to next week. Join us then to hear all about Startup City Des Moines, Pikuzone and more. A huge thanks to Hemesath for stepping in on short notice.
PrairieCast is a live podcast, recorded weekly, that features round table-style discussion of the top issues in startup culture and technology from across the Silicon Prairie region. Co-hosts Andy Brudtkuhl of 48Web and Geoff Wood of Silicon Prairie News are joined by a diversified group of entrepreneurs and others making an impact in the startup community.