Prairie Moves: Sumeet Jain, Abby Goltz, Emily Beckmann and more
Photo by Oliver Lyon via Flickr
What is Prairie Moves?
Published Tuesdays and Thursdays, Prairie Moves keeps our readers informed about career moves, media coverage, product development, and more from the companies and individuals we cover on Silicon Prairie News.
If you or your company would like to submit one of the items below for our next Prairie Moves post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. And if you have suggestions on how we could improve these posts or any of our coverage, please contact email@example.com.
- Sumeet Jain, formerly of San Francisco, recently moved to Omaha to join a "soon-to-be-officially-announced" partnership with Rahul Gupta
- Jay Pfalzgraf and Abby Goltz joined T8 Webware (Cedar Falls) as Director of Sales and Marketing and Web Services Manager - t8webware.com
- Emily Beckmann, formerly of Children's Cancer Connection, joined Lessing-Flynn (Des Moines) as Project Manager
- Dachis Group (Austin, Texas), the parent company of Archrival (Lincoln, Neb.), launched The Social Business Index, which provides real-time ranking, analysis and benchmarking of Social Business adoption and performance of the most connected and engaged companies based on Dachis Group’s Social Business Intelligence as a Service data services platform - socialbusinessindex.com and dachisgroup.com
- Electric Pulp (Sioux Falls, S.D.) launched websites for Fresh Energy - fresh-energy.org - and Climate Reality - climatereality.com and twitter.com/electricpulp
- What Cheer (Omaha) launched the website of The Animal Within Us, a benefit compilation album by Charlyne Yi - caringiscool.com
- T8 Webware (Cedar Falls, Iowa) launched the website of National Grand Bank of Marblehead - ngbank.com and businesswire.com
- Dwolla (Des Moines) released Proxi out of beta - blog.dwolla.com; integrated LinkedIn to allowing sending money via the social network - blog.dwolla.com; added Midland Credit Union to its userbase - cutimes.com; and selected Ongoing Operations, a Hagerstown, Maryland-based provider of business continuity and technology solutions to credit unions, to securely host their infrastructure - cuinsight.com
- Pongr (Boston-based, Des Moines office) - Boston Business Journal: "Startup engages social media users to bolster brands"
- eCreamery (Omaha) - Oprah Blog: "At Last: Design Your Own Snacks!"
- Ben Milne of Dwolla (Des Moines) - The Next Web: "Dwolla founder Ben Milne talks about the future of mobile commerce [Interview]"
- Dwolla (Des Moines) - TechCrunch: "Dwolla Adds Support For LinkedIn, Allowing You To Send Money To Your Professional Contacts"
- Zaarly (San Francisco-based, Kansas City office) - GigaOm: "Is Zaarly a good way to sell your services?" and The Pitch: "Zaarly CEO Bo Fishback is waiting for his tipping point: Zaarly is hoping to be KC's next great tech company"
- Bo Fishback of Zaarly - Idea Mensch: "Bo Fishback – Co-Founder and CEO of Zaarly"
- Locusic (Des Moines) - Des Moines Register: "Like a local Pandora: Locusic lets fans hear city's bands online"
- Mystery Ball (Kansas City) - One More Level: "Mystery Ball (Exclusive Preview)"
- Ben Milne of Dwolla (Des Moines) speaks at the Future of Mobile in London today - future-of-mobile.com
- NBC Action News: "Silicon Valley CEO: KC poised to be leader in information technology"
- Kansas City Business Journal: "Kansas City patent attorney joins critics of patent reform"
- National Science Foundation funded University of Nebraska-Lincoln research to improve wireless networks for emergencies - engineering.unl.edu
- FrontFlip (Kansas City) and Zaarly (Kansas City office, San Francisco-based) set to take part in Social Media Club of Kansas City's Tech Startup Happy Hour on September 22 - socialmediaclubkc.ning.com
- Matt Arkin, formerly Chief Revenue Officer of Sojern (San Francisco office, Omaha-based), in now President of 33Across, a social targeting platform - marketwire.com
- Don't Panic Labs (Lincoln) tweeted a pic of their CEO, Steve Kiene, at the Windows 8 Keynote - twitter.com/dontpaniclabs
- Craftly (Des Moines) introduced bloggers of their company blog: "Meet the Craftly Bloggers!"
- 34ideas gave the story of their idea: "The idea behind 34ideas"