Prairie Moves: StartupCity, QuickCal, OneLouder and more
Photo by Sarah Macmillan via Flickr
What is Prairie Moves?
Published Tuesdays and Thursdays, Prairie Moves keeps our readers informed about career moves, media coverage, product development and more from the companies and individuals we cover on Silicon Prairie News.
If you or your company would like to submit one of the items below for our next Prairie Moves post, please email email@example.com. And if you have suggestions on how we could improve these posts or any of our coverage, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- OneLouder (Kansas City) launched ChannelCaster, an Android app that lets users create and broadcast their own channels by combining news and entertainment from multiple sources - Press Release, ChannelCaster website, The Guardian and Addictive Tips
- 8/7 Central (Des Moines) designed a new site for the Greater Des Moines Public Art Foundation - dsmpublicartfoundation.org
- Blend Interactive (Sioux Falls, S.D.) added a "data layer" to the Points of Control map they made at the Web 2.0 Summit - Web 2.0 Summit blog
- QuickCal (Omaha) released version 3.0 - QuickCal Blog, "QuickCal 3 Introduction" Video, Mac Stories, MacNN
- Zaarly (San Francisco-based, Kansas City office) updated its android app - Zaarly Blog, Zaarly YouTube and Scribbal
- StartupCity Des Moines - Des Moines Business Record: "StartupCity awaits one more piece of funding"
- Mystery Ball, an app by Red Nova Labs (Westwood, Kan.) - Social Hype: "A Q&A With Mystery Ball iOS Game Creator David Howe"
- Startup Foundation Des Moines - Des Moines Register: "Des Moines one of eight pilot cities for global Startup Foundation" and SPN Post [Disclosure: Silicon Prairie News is the Des Moines facilitator of Startup Foundation]
- Dwolla (Des Moines) - Fueled: "Dwolla Brings Commerce To Promising New Heights"
- Zaarly (San Francisco-based, Kansas City office) - Go To Market Show: "The price is right on Zaarly"
- SmartyPig (Des Moines) - Christian Science Monitor: "How to save for multiple goals at the same time"
- Uses This - Silicon Prairie Edition: "Erin Ginkens of Entrepreneurial Technologies", "Matt Wynn of Omaha World-Herald" and "Steven Chau of CremaLab"
- Kickanotch: "Kickanotch CEO Introduces Keynote Speaker at 2011 NAB Conference in Chicago"
- Phenomblue: "Ad Age Digital West"
- Startup Weekend (Seattle) launches Startup Foundation initiative in partnership with Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation (Kansas City) - Press Release, SPN post and Des Moines Register [Disclosure: Silicon Prairie News is the Des Moines facilitator of Startup Foundation]
- Think Big Partners (Kansas City) announced an Entrepreneur Bootcamp this fall - thinkbigkansascity.blogspot.com
- Tripleseat (Boston-based, Omaha office) posted a video recap of their latest event - "Tripleseat Promo Video" [Disclosure: Tripleseat co-founder Dusty Davidson is also the co-founder of Silicon Prairie News]
- University of Nebraska-Omaha will be offering its second IT Academy for Professional Development - unomaha.edu
- Ben Milne of Dwolla (Des Moines) is speaking on a panel, "The Intersection Between Social Media & Payments," at the CUNA Technology Council Conference - cunatechnologycouncil.org