Prairie Moves: Flying Hippo, Hurrdat, Grip and more
Photo by The Webhamster via Flickr
What is Prairie Moves?
Published Tuesdays and Thursdays, Prairie Moves keeps our readers informed about career moves, media coverage, product development and more from the companies and individuals we cover on Silicon Prairie News.
If you or your company would like to submit one of the items below for our next Prairie Moves post, please email email@example.com. And if you have suggestions on how we could improve these posts or any of our coverage, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Flying Hippo Web Technologies (Urbandale, Iowa) launched a new website for Weitz Companies - weitz.com
- T8 Webware opened "Grip Crew," a chance to get in early on their latest product release, Grip - grabgrip.com
- Red Nova Labs Games (Westwood, Kan.) released a beta version of Mystery Ball - prweb.com
- iapps24 (West Des Moines, Iowa) released a new version of its Pro-Share iOS app adding new features and modifications - prweb.com
- Sojern (Omaha) unveiled its upgraded boarding pass - Press Release and SPN post
- Zaarly (San Francisco-based, Kansas City office) redesigned its user experience and launched a mobile site - scribbal.com
- Hurrdat Social Media (Lincoln, Neb.) opened an office in Kansas City in the Crossroads district and moved into a new office in Lincoln in the Haymarket district
- Proxibid (Omaha) - Strictly Business (pages 34-37): "Sold on the Internet"
- Sojern (Omaha) - Direct Marketing News: "Porsche Cars North America to tag boarding passes with 2-D barcodes"
- Graffiti Tracker (Omaha) - Inland Empire News: "Inland Empire targets graffiti with high-tech tools"
- Startup Foundation Des Moines - Kansas City Business Journal: "Kauffman Foundation, Startup Weekend form group to help entrepreneurs" and WOI Des Moines: "Des Moines Picked for Startup Foundation Pilot Program" [Disclosure: Silicon Prairie News is the Des Moines facilitator of Startup Foundation]
- Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation (Kansas City) - Startup America YouTube: "Kauffman Foundation at the Startup America HD Social Lounge, DEMO Fall 2011"
- Zaarly (San Francisco-based, Kansas City office) - Ignite Social Media Blog: "3 Startups That Effectively Put Social Media to Work"
- Levi Rosol of Eliason Media (Des Moines) - Des Moines Register: "You should get to know... Levi Rosol"
- Hudl (Lincoln, Neb.) - University of Wisconsin News: "Nebraska chancellor introduces his university", News Oklahoma: "Fatherhood & Football From Afar", Chicago Tribune: "Football preview | Libertyville 'D; tech savvy" and Colorado Buffalos: "Brooks: Buffs Planning To Make Good Use Of iPads"
- Technology Association of Iowa (Des Moines) - Waukee Patch "Waukee High School's HyperStream Prepares Students for Tech Careers"
- Uses This - Silicon Prairie: "Andy Brudtkuhl of 48Web"
- Zaarly (San Francisco-based, Kansas City office): "The Top Freelance Sites on the Web [Infographic]"
- Rockhill Strategic (Kansas City) posted a recap of Siva Vaidhyanathan's talk in Kansas City: "Rockhill Recommends: Googlization"
- Think Big Kansas City: "LiveOn - Smart Founders Pivot Fast, Early and 'Get It!' "
- Locusic (Des Moines) won Technology Association of Iowa's Pitch & Grow 5; also in the top four were eDossea (Des Moines), Appcore (Des Moines) and ASAP Technology Works (Iowa City, Iowa) - Des Moines Register
- OneLouder (Kansas City) supports breast cancer awareness month with special edition TweetCaster PINK app - onelouder.com
- Geoff Wood of Silicon Prairie News participated on a Greater Des Moines Partnership Young Professionals panel - "Caucus & Community: The Next Generation"