PrairieCast with Rush Nigut and Michael Stacy (Video)
Episode 51: The one where Michael went all Don Johnson
This week West Des Moines attorney Rush Nigut, founder of NotifyWorks joined us in studio and Michael Stacy, Silicon Prairie News editor, skyped in from Omaha. We also put out an offer to startups far and wide to drop off their swag for the PrairieCast set. If you have something fun or funky (nothing with real value, please) that represents your startup and you're willing to donate the show let us know or drop it by the Midland Building.
Discussed this week
- Dream Big Des Moines contest is live - vote now!
- Thinc Iowa tickets now on sale
- Set to launch soon, PikuZone sends email to safe zone for kids
- What Cheer abuzz with Bumble, a home phone app for children
- Silicon Prairie startups, PeggyBank and Kickanotch, hit major tech blogs
- Kansas City mayors form Innovation Team to capitalize on Google Fiber
- Announcing the Chris Pirillo Meetup in Des Moines on Monday
PrairieCast is a live podcast, recorded weekly, that features round table-style discussion of the top issues in startup culture and technology from across the Silicon Prairie region. Co-hosts Andy Brudtkuhl of 48Web and Geoff Wood of Silicon Prairie News are joined by a diversified group of entrepreneurs and others making an impact in the startup community.