Prairie Moves: Paul Haskell, TableNabbr, MysteryBall and more
Photo by Danny Schreiber
What is Prairie Moves?
Published Tuesdays and Thursdays, Prairie Moves keeps our readers informed about career moves, media coverage, product development, and more from the companies and individuals we cover on Silicon Prairie News.
If you or your company would like to submit one of the items below for our next Prairie Moves post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. And if you have suggestions on how we could improve these posts or any of our coverage, please contact email@example.com.
- Brittany Mascio joined the Silicon Prairie News team full-time as Event Coordinator and Content Contributor - SPN post
- Paul Haskell, formerly of Boys & Girls Clubs of the Midlands, joined Omaha Steaks as Social Commerce and Emerging Media Manager
- Entrepreneurial Technologies (Des Moines) released TableNabbr, an iOS app set to serve central Iowa to help users find open tables in real-time - itunes.apple.com
- David Howe (Lawrence, Kansas) released MysteryBall, an iOS 3D puzzle/platformer - mysteryballgame.com
- GoodTwin Design (Omaha) launched a new logo and website for Corkscrew Wine and Cheese - corkscrewwineandcheese.com and necreative.typepad.com
- Zaarly (San Francisco-based, Kansas City office) released version 1.4 of their iOS app, adding push notifications - itunes.apple.com
- 34ideas (Sioux Falls, S.D.), a HotOrNot.com for ideas, put up a sign up page - 34ideas.com
- Dwolla (Des Moines) released "Facilitator for Developers" and "Off-Site Gateway for Developers"
- Hudl (Lincoln) rolled out ability to import PowerPoint slides, add more songs to highlights, and league video exchange - hudl.com/blog
- Tripleseat (Boston-based, Omaha office) rolled out an upgrade which included a new financial report and accounts and contacts custom fields - tripleseat.com/blog
- Andy Stoll of Seed Here and Vault Coworking (Cedar Rapids, Iowa) - Wall Street Journal: "3 Ways Small Firms Can Drive Innovation"
- Grain & Mortar (Omaha) - Weekly Grind: "Grain & Mortar"
- Pro-Share iOS app of iapps24 (Des Moines) - The iPhone App Review: "The iPhone App Review looks at Pro-Share"
- TechBrew Ames - Ames Patch: "Technology Association of Iowa Hosts First TechBrew Ames"
- Stackd (Iowa City, Iowa) - Startup List: "Stackd, Collaborative Web Hosting"
- Dwolla (Des Moines) - Juice Magazine: "Dwolla Meetup (photos)", Bank Technology News: "Dwolla Adds Info About Nearby Fellow Users to Mobile Payment Service", North Iowa Today: "Meet Dwolla"
- Red Nova Labs (Westwood, Kan.) - Social Hype: "Ten Interesting Web Startups Which Might Take Over The World"
- Zaarly (San Francisco-based, Kansas City office) - Kansas City Business Journal: "Zaarly takes a cue from Facebook — start with college students"
- Des Moines Business Record rolled out a new monthly feature highlighting a number of startups in Iowa: "Industry Report: Technology"
- Christian Renaud of Present.io and StartupCity Des Moines authored a Des Moines Business Record opinion piece: "It's time to innovate, not cut jobs"
- Larry Zimpleman of Principal Financial Group co-authored a Wall Street Journal opinion piece: "An Entrepreneurial Fix for the U.S. Economy"
- Technology Association of Iowa added Ames, Iowa to its TechBrew Iowa tour - twitter.com/technologyiowa