Marketer, designers, developers, intern and more
We're excited to bring you our 64th Opportunities on the Prairie today, with positions from Red Nova Labs, Entrepreneur Advertising Group, Digital Evolution Group and Pollenware in Kansas City, Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce, Deal Garden, Schnakel Engineers, Corporate 3 Design and Tigerpaw Software in Omaha, Blend Interactive in Sioux Falls, T8 Webware in Cedar Falls, Iowa and Hurddat Social Media, Thought District and Archrival in Lincoln.
If you or your company have one to add, please contact Brittany Mascio at email@example.com with the listing and a short description of your company. We're looking for all types of opportunities, from week-long projects to full-time positions. We hope to help you make a connection.
If you apply to one below, please make sure to mention that you found it on Silicon Prairie News.
Red Nova Labs is a web development and marketing agency as well as a technology think-tank.
Wanted, top notch marketing person to report directly to CMO. We need somebody that can execute on big ideas. That means PR, collateral, web layout, branding, event planning, singing, dancing or whatever it takes to convince somebody that our stuff is the greatest...and it is. This is not for the person that wants to stand on the ladder and wave their hands, but it could lead to that someday. Candidate must be able to convey our products and create brands that are edgy yet tasteful.
Entrepreneur Advertising Group is an eight-year-young small business serving other small businesses with marketing and advertising services
As a Graphic Designer you will collaborate with peers, clients and vendors on a wide variety of creative projects. You must be a detail-oriented designer, someone who truly understands the art of information design and usability. The ideal candidate is one who can translate strategy and objectives into compelling visual solutions in a fast-paced environment. Your natural desire to take ownership of each assignment will need to be balanced by the patience and creative flexibility to revise your work as directed. As a small business, all staff members are expected to wear many hats.
Digital Evolution Group is a full service e-consultancy
Digital Evolution Group is seeking a Digital Direct Email Marketing Manager to aid our clients in the success and management of their one-to-one marketing campaigns including, but not limited to, email and mobile. This role is required to provide a proactive service level to many clients, maintain strong relationships with those clients, and coordinate internal resources. Furthermore, this role must perform project management and serve as a team leader.
Pollenware's Optimized Collaborative Auction Platform (OCAP) enables homogeneous asset, multi-party price discovery through transparency, collaboration and mutual autonomy.
Pollenware is seeking a software developer to join our platform teams in producing the company's core technology. The ideal candidate:
- Has a bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Exhibits a tendency to act on what needs to be done rather than waiting to be told what to do
- Can collaboratively manage source code on a team using git
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of functional programming concepts
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce - Director, Entrepreneurship and Innovation (Omaha)
The Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce has a mission to increase business, investment and employment in the Greater Omaha area.
We help companies as well as our metro area grow and are looking for a motivated professional to lead our entrepreneurial development efforts.
- Excel in connecting people and resources?
- Think strategically?
- Feel comfortable in either a business suit or “start-up” shorts and flip-flops?
- Create opportunity from a blank piece of paper?
- Have excellent facilitation and communication skills?
- Learn from thought leaders?
- Lead and collaborate?
- Consistently meet objectives and deadlines?
Do you want:
- A unique position with a flexible, mission driven, values-based organization?
- An opportunity to make a difference in our community?
- To use your degree and experience to help businesses succeed?
If this sounds like your dream job, send us your resume with a cover letter and salary expectations by Thursday August 18th to Laurie Pieper, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deal Garden is a social commerce website operating in small and mid-sized Midwestern cities.
Outside Account Executives at Deal Garden leverage related experience in local merchant advertising, along with respective connections to build partnerships for Deal Garden. Deal Garden partners with restaurants, theaters, spas, and everything in between, negotiating unbeatable offers on behalf of our subscribers. We hire connected, innovative, and industry-relevant sales professionals. Experience with online sales, advertising, and social media are beneficial to an account executive’s success and fit within our team.
Schnackel Engineers - C++ Algorithmic Developer (Omaha)
Schnackel Engineers is a mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection engineering consultant
Existing to innovate in the design and implementation of software to compliment computer aided drafting technology, AEA Integration is a strong, independent, collaborative software development entity; a small company with the ideals of quality, efficiency and reliability. Our ultimate goal is to transform our clients' visions into realities through practicality and innovation, and our mission is to deliver complete client satisfaction, from ideation to implementation.
AEA Integration is looking for full-time and part-time C++ experts to perform exciting new development work as part of our growing software/algorithms team. This work is primarily in C++, but may lead to future work in C#.
The ideal candidate will have a history of solving scientific or technical challenges while delivering working software to customers. Much of our codebase involves performing floating point math and manipulating data structures. The candidate will be expected to design efficient algorithms and later implement those same algorithms in C++.
- Expert-level programming skills in C++
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Strong understanding of computer science principles (data structures, algorithms, complexity, threading, operating systems)
- Solid math skills including a background in linear algebra
- Clean programming style and efficient physical structure of programs
- C++ STL, .NET or Win32 API knowledge
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Computational Geometry
- CAD, 3D modeling, GIS, or other spatial modeling work
What candidate can expect:
- Working concurrently on multiple projects of varying duration and complexity
- Alternating cycles of algorithm design and programming
- Casual work environment
- Flexible hours
- Competitive pay
- Long-term stable employment
- Exciting work
To apply, contact Seraphim Mullins at email@example.com
Corporate 3 Design - Web Developer (Omaha)
Corporate 3 Design is a design firm
Corporate 3 Design is seeking a passionate and talented web developer for their interactive team. The position is available now for someone with excellent web, programming and problem-solving skills. Responsibilities include:
- Development and maintenance of client websites and their supporting systems
- Conversion of website design files (Photoshop/Illustrator) into working websites
Tigerpaw Software - .NET Developer (Omaha)
Tigerpaw Software is a commercial software development company that has been in business for 26 years.
As Tigerpaw’s new Web Application Developer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Architecting and maintaining Tigerpaw’s commercial web portal products, mobile portal
- products, external corporate websites, and internal websites.
- Developing new code for functionality and feature requests.
- Maintaining, creating, and modifying Microsoft SQL databases.
- Implementing projects according to project timelines and scope.
- Training key employees on new functionality and features.
- Respond to requests and research questions for Support staff and external clients.
- Performing technical analysis of feature requests and writing Business Solutions.
- Providing input on user interface to improve usability.
You must enjoy building enduring relationships and solving problems to be successful in this role.
- Extensive background in web design and understanding of user-centric practices. Proven record
- of keeping up with the latest innovations in Internet technologies.
- Energetic, excited, and forward thinking to contribute valuable input and ideas towards our
- business objectives.
- Strong expertise with VB.NET, ASP.NET, IIS, HTML, CSS, XML, Web Services, C# and AJAX.
- Knowledge of database management using SQL Server 2008.
- Ability to code, analyze, de-bug, and deliver clean, validated, maintainable code.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and debugging skills.
- Able to work independently and balance multiple projects and tasks.
- Able to effectively explain technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Able to communicate (email, phone, IM, and in-person) clearly and courteously with both
- external and internal parties.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- 5+ years of .NET web application development experience required.
- 3+ years SQL Server experience required.
- 5+ years of experience in a Web Production or similar environment.
- Experience with website analytics tools and search engine optimization strategies.
If you possess the necessary skills and experience, we can provide you with an incredible environment
and the ability to help grow a market-leading company. Salary and benefits based on experience.
Please email your resume with an attached cover letter indicating why you feel you would be an asset to
Tigerpaw, and why this opportunity at Tigerpaw excites you. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blend Interactive is a a full-service web development firm.
We're looking for a solid interactive designer with the portfolio to prove it. You'd be joining an experienced design team to help create websites and interactive ads for national campaigns and brands.
From wireframes to final product, the stuff you'd get to work on runs the gamut:
- Web sites and intranets
- Banner ads
- Mobile apps
- Interactive applications
Our focus at Blend is clean design that demonstrates good usability principles. We work primarily on a grid layout using responsive web design.
T8 Webware - Mobile Developer (Cedar Falls, Iowa)
T8 Webware is a financial services website strategy firm that specializes in bank website design and development.
Summary: The Mobile Developer at T8 Webware is responsible for creating mobile applications for Android and or iOS platforms. Reporting to the Director, Operations, the Mobile Developer is accountable for meeting development deadlines, working on cross-functional teams, and generating new ideas.
Stage II - Contributing Independently
- Customer FocusInnovation
- Pre-disposition to
- Gets Results
- Collaboration/Team Work
- Experience developing mobile applications; preferably on Android/iOS platforms
- Demonstrated ability to meet project deadlines
- Experience working with cross-functional teams preferred
- BS/BA prefered
Critical Behaviors - Mobile Developer
- Identifies unexpressed customer needs and potential products/services to meet those needs
- Generates new and creative ideas concerning solutions to problems, improved work methods, etc.
- Collaborates with team members to brainstorm creative solutions or approaches
- Demonstrates mastery of the technical/functional skills necessary for performing own job
- Adapts or shifts priorities in response to the needs of clients, constituents, or the organization
- Finds ways to utilize current job assignments to expand knowledge and experience
- Persists in the face of repeated challenges to accomplish desired results
- Earns trust and credibility by completing own share of the team‘s work
To apply, contact Wade Arnold at email@example.com
Hurrdat Social Media is a social media marketing company
Hurrdat is growing, and we need your help! Co-founder Adi Kunalic is pursuing his dreams in the NFL, which leaves us shorthanded!
If you're here, you might be familiar with Hurrdat and what we do as a business. We're looking to bring in qualified team members to help us manage and create social media campaigns for clients around the world. This isn't an ordinary internship... this is a chance to be part of a fun, fast-paced startup, and you'll be working on awesome projects right away.
Thought District - Fall Interns (Lincoln)
Thought District is a brand and sales strategy company
We don't condone violence — just impassioned productivity. Thought District is looking for fall interns in account services, business development, copywriting, video production and design whose skills, work ethic and efficiency grab our attention like a brick through a window. How's your throwing arm? Send your resume/portfolio and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Archrival is a leading youth marketing agency
Was college the best eight years of your life? Then apply for our Campus Brand Agent Manager position.
Here’s the details.
- Be an expert on collegiate marketing trends and campus personalities
- Work with clients to create effective on-campus Brand Agent strategies
- Develop promotions, guerilla, word-of-mouth, sampling, event-hosting and social media strategies and tactics