Prairie Moves: Christopher New, Emma Peterson, Fresk and more
Photo by Brittany Mascio.
Published every Tuesday (one day late this week), Prairie Moves keeps our readers informed about career moves, media coverage, product development, and more from the companies and individuals we cover on Silicon Prairie News.
If you or your company would like to submit one of the items below for our next Prairie Moves post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. And if you have suggestions on how we could improve these posts or any of our coverage, please contact email@example.com.
- Cloud Sherpas (Atlanta) acquired Beloit Solutions Group (Overland Park, Kan.) – via cloudsherpas.com
- Storkly (Des Moines) launched this week – via twitter.com/storkly
- Des Moines City Council endorsed preliminary terms of a three-year deal with StartupCity Des Moines – via blogs.desmoinesregister.com
- Uppward (Des Moines) syncs your Facebook Places airport check-ins with their app – via uppward.com/facebook
- bizperc (Kansas City) expanded its coworking space – via thinkbigkansascity.blogspot.com
- Omahype announced a weekly newsletter will begin next week – via twitter.com/codypeterson
- Archrival (Lincoln) launched the Red Bull Lan website for a competition held this past Saturday – via facebook.com/archrival
- Fresk (Des Moines) released noBOOTH at TEDxDesMoines – via facebook.com
- Shift Interactive (Des Moines) redesigned its website, interactiveshift.com – via twitter.com/nate_becker
- Emma Peterson of Tikly (Des Moines) featured in Metromix: "New ticketing firm charges lower fees"
- Alexander Grgurich, organizer of TEDxDesMoines (Des Moines) profiled by The Des Moines Register: "Think big: Sponsors hope TEDxDesMoines event will translate enthusiasm into action"
- Meredith (Des Moines) covered by TechCrunch: "Tasty! Meredith Launches Recipe.com, Acquires EatingWell Media Group"
- QuickCal, a product of Smelly Puppy (Omaha), received a video review from Your Mac Show: "QuickCal iPhone App Video Review"
- Pat Lazure of Deal Garden (Omaha) interviewed by BIA/Kelsey blog: "Small Market Deals: A Talk With Deal Garden’s Pat Lazure"
- Pongr (Boston-based with Des Moines office) covered by Boston Herald: "Tool tracks pics of brands: Pongr’s social-network searches aid cos."
- TEDxDesMoines blogged about by Justin Wise: "TEDx Does Des Moines"
- SmartyPig (Des Moines) blogged about by Savings.com: "Personal Finance for Kids with Moonjar Moneybox, SmartyPig and Pay Day" and CFED: "Things We Love: SmartyPig"
- Zaarly (Kansas City) covered by Scribbal: "Zaarly Updates iPhone App, Lets You Create Listing At Any Location"
- Bo Fishback and Adam Hofmann of Zaarly (Kansas City) interviewed by Fox 4 KC: "Zaarly.com Becoming Popular by Making Connections"
- Ben Milne of Dwolla (Des Moines) video interviewed by CU Broadcast: "Takin' on PayPal with Dwolla's Ben Milne..."
- Dwolla (Des Moines) covered by Bank Technology News: "Dwolla Says Its Grid Payment Network Is More Secure Than Card Networks"
- Syncbak (Marion, Iowa) mentioned by Broadcasting & Cable: "CEA Seeks Online Signatories for Broadcast Spectrum Push" and The Technoverse Blog: "Cable over the air"
- Michael Bird of Spindustry Interactive (Des Moines) featured in the July issue of Success magazine:"How To: Build Your Brand with Facebook"
- Nebraska Global (Lincoln) covered by the Lincoln Journal Star: "Nebraska Global invests in third company" and
- ICORA (Lincoln) covered by MSDynamicsWorld: "From the American Prairie, a Tale of Venture Capital, an ISV Launch, and a New Take on Microsoft Dynamics CRM and xRM"
- Mike Colwell and Charise Flynn of Case Simple (Des Moines), a side project for the two, mentioned by The Des Moines Register: "Biz Buzz: ISU finance students win annual investing challenge"
- Proxibid (Omaha) sent out a press release and posted pictures from the Rosenblatt auction
- TEDxOmaha put a call out for speakers – via tedxomaha.com
- Nebraska Entrepreneur (Lincoln) posted video of Larry Keeley's presentation at The Jeffrey S. Raikes School of Computer Science and Management – via nebraskaentrepreneur.com/news
- Don't Panic Labs of Nebraska Global blogged about Microsoft's Feature Builder Power Tool
- Bo Fishback of Zaarly (Kansas City) blogged about LeVar Burton and Zaarly's Reading Rainbow Flashmob
- Craftly (Des Moines) added a company blog – via twitter.com/LeviRosol
- ABC5tv filmed a video interview about Google+ at Startup Drinks Des Moines featuring Nathan T. Wright of Lava Row (Des Moines), Claire Celsi, Christian Gurney of Torsion Mobile and Drew Larson of BrownWinick