Prairie Moves: MindMixer, Craftly, VineMe, Fundle and more
Photo by Brittany Mascio
Published every Tuesday, Prairie Moves keeps our readers informed about career moves, media coverage, product development, and more from the companies and individuals we cover on Silicon Prairie News.
If you or your company would like to submit one of the items below for our next Prairie Moves post, please email email@example.com. And if you have suggestions on how we could improve these posts or any of our coverage, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TownPoints (Des Moines) launched in Des Moines – via townpoints.tumblr.com
- Eight Seven Central (Des Moines) and Lessing-Flynn Advertising (Des Moines) teamed up to introduce Socially Awear, a joint venture that aims to raise money for local charities through online sale of T-shirts that feature local brands
- MindMixer (Omaha) launched a MindMixer site in Kansas City, plankcmo.com – via email
- Craft.ly (Des Moines) redesigned its homepage, www.craft.ly – via twitter.com/jameseliason
- VineMe (Des Moines) added private messaging feature to its site – via twitter.com/vine_me
- Dwolla (Des Moines) updated new features including social integration, developer keys and ZenCart plugin – via dwolla.org/blog
- Fundle (Iowa City), a Des Moines Startup Weekend idea, set up a LaunchRock page – beta.fundle.co
- BodyViz (Ames) featured in KCCI video: "3-D look inside"
- SmartyPig (Des Moines) mentioned in the Adobe blog: "Reaching Your Customers – Why Experience Matters In Banking"
- David Graff of Hudl (Lincoln) interviewed by Your Hidden Potential: "With 3,000 schools on their books and over $3M in revenue – Interview with David Graff, CEO of Hudl"
- MindMixer (Omaha) highlighted by Living Labs Social: "Tech Solution for Community Engagement"
- Dwolla (Des Moines) covered by Scribbal: "Dwolla Makes It Easier To Send Money To Your Contacts Through Twitter, Facebook"
- TownPoints (Des Moines) featured by The Times Delphic: "Townpoints bring new addition to local Groupon-like competition," Nerdflood: "Iowa-based Townpoints Launches" and Insight On Business: "Metro Monday - Insight on Business - 04/11/2011"
- Jeff Morris of Zaarly (Kansas City) interviewed by Tech Zulu: "TZ Startup Hot Seat | Jeff Morris of Zaarly"
- ICORA (Lincoln) covered by Lincoln Journal Star: "ICORA comes from Nebraska Global in Haymarket"
- DSM Daily (Des Moines) highlighted in Juice Magazine: "Have they got a deal for you" and The Des Moines Business Record: "It's a deal"
- VineMe (Des Moines) covered by Public Relations Princess: "VineMe Lauches Today"
- Google Fiber in Kansas City featured by The Kansas City Star Blog, Ink: "Why KCK’s Google win is a game-changer" and Thing Big KC: "What Does Google Fiber Mean for Kansas City?"
- University of Nebraska's Walter Scott Entrepreneurial Business Award covered by Omaha World-Herald: "Nebraska Global earns business award"
- Jeff Slobotski of Silicon Prairie News featured in the Talking with Tom video interview: "Talking with Jeff Slobotski
- Syncbak (Marion, Iowa) plans to demo its platform at the National Association of Broadcasters Show in Las Vegas – via "Syncbak to Demo Connected Broadcast Platform at NAB"
- Hudl (Lincoln) annouced upcoming meetups – hudl.com/blog
- Joe Evans seeks to revive the Omaha Beer & Blog meetup – via iamjoe.name/projects
- Clint! Runge of Archrival (Lincoln) made an appearance on Reddit – via facebook.com/archrival