Prairie Moves: Brandon Weber, Shane Mac, VineMe and More
Photo by Brittany Mascio
Published every Tuesday, Prairie Moves keeps our readers informed about career moves, media coverage, product development, and more from the companies and individuals we cover on Silicon Prairie News.
If you or your company would like to submit one of the items below for our next Prairie Moves post, please email email@example.com. And if you have suggestions on how we could improve these posts or any of our coverage, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Brandon Weber, formerly with Pioneer Hi-Bred, and Brandon Ratzlaff (Kansas City-based) joined Dwolla (Des Moines) – via dwolla.org/blog
- Mark Rabe, previously a Managing Director at Yahoo! UK and Ireland, joined Sojern as CEO (Omaha) – via press release
- Shane Mac, formerly with Gist (Seattle), joined Zaarly's (Kansas City) San Franscico office to head up product/marketing – via twitter.com/shanemacsays
- GoodTwin Design (Omaha) designed and developed a website, logo and identity for ICORA (Lincoln), a Nebraska Global (Lincoln) company, and designed a new website for Green Street Cycles (Omaha) – via necreative.typepad.com
- Image Made (Omaha) redesigned their own website, imagemadedesign.com, in addition to launching a new site for Union Jack Screen Printing, www.unionjackscreenprinting.com – via email
- Smelly Puppy (Omaha) introduced QuickCal 2.3 to the app store with advancements to its integrated to-do management feature – via email
- SmartyPig (Des Moines) released its Android app – via blog.smartypig.com
- VineMe (Des Moines) featured in video story on the ABC News affiliate WOI-DT Des Moines: "Metro Men Create Social Site," covered by The Des Moines Egotist: "Vineme.com Launches From World Headquarters in Des Moines," and mentioned in The Des Moines Register blogs: "Biz Buzz: They've traversed cancer journeys; Nepal is next up"
- Dwolla (Des Moines) covered by The Iowa State Daily: "Business brings digital payment option to Ames"
- Fresk Interactive's (Des Moines) BeerGenius featured in The Des Moines Register blogs: "Brothers aim genius at beer"
- Robert Hidajat, founder and CEO of Unleash Heros (Des Moines), and VineMe (Des Moines) mentioned in the blog and webcast Insight on Business: "Heroes & Metro Monday - April 4, 2011"
- Bo Fishback, co-founder of Zaarly (Kansas City) interviewed by Tech Cocktail: "How Zaarly Lets You Name Your Price On Everything; An Interview With Co-Founder Bo Fishback"
- Zaarly (Kansas City) featured in FashionablyMarketing.Me: "Start-Up Zaarly Facilitates In-Person Transactions Via The Web;" The Valley Show video: The Valley Girl's '60 Seconds of Startup"! and mentioned in Forbes: "New Billionaire Eric Lefkofsky Talks About Groupon And Tech Investing"
- Hollrback (Omaha) was defeated by Workables (Los Angeles) in the third round of the Techstars Startup Madness Challenge