Prairie Moves: Andrew Peters, The Foundary, Sojern & more
Photo by Mark Michaelis via Flickr
Published every Tuesday, Prairie Moves keeps our readers informed about career moves, media coverage, product development, and more from the companies and individuals we cover on Silicon Prairie News.
If you or your company would like to submit one of the items below for our next Prairie Moves post, please email email@example.com. And if you have suggestions on how we could improve these posts or any of our coverage, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Charise Flynn, previously with her own consulting firm, C.Results (Des Moines), joined Dwolla (Des Moines) as COO – via dwolla.org/blog
- Andrew Peters, a junior at Drake University, joined On Pitch (Des Moines) as an intern - via onpitchmedia.com/blog
- John T. Meyer (also a contributor to Silicon Prairie News) and Scott Meyer of Nine Clouds (Sioux Falls) interviewed by On Success: "Businessweek’s Top 25 Entrepreneurs Under 25"
- Mark Hasebroock of Dundee Venture Capital (Omaha), quoted in Details magazine: "Entrepreneurial America," and mentioned in Providence Business News: "Providence catches startup fever"
- Shane Reiser of Startup Weekend and Startup Weekend Des Moines interviewed by Iowa State Daily: "Startup Weekend helps students build skills"
- The Foundary (Omaha) mentioned in Huffington Post blog: "Gilt Finds Company… Which Flash Sale Site Fits Your Style?"
- Dice (New York City corporate office, Urbandale, Iowa operations center) featured in Des Moines Business Record: "On a roll: Dice is expanding in Urbandale"
- Graffiti Tracker (Omaha) covered by San Diego News Room: "City announces new technology to track taggers," Ramona Sentinel: "County to sponsor graffiti abatement legislation," and GPS City Buzz: "How GPS is Keeping San Diego Graffiti Free"
- David Graff, John Wirtz, and Brian Kaiser of Hudl (Lincoln) recognized by Brock Press: "Five exciting entrepreneurs under 30"
- Adam Coomes of Infegy (Kansas City) included in Ink: "The new workaholic: How to sell yourself"
- Josh Cramer and Andy Stoll launched iccreatives.us (Greater Iowa City/Cedar Rapids Metropolis)
- T8 Webware (Cedar Falls, Iowa) launched First Federal Savings Bank's (Illinois) new website, 356bank.com
- Jordan Green (Omaha), a photographer, launched a new website, jordangreen.com
- Sojern (Omaha) added Ellen Keszler to its board of directors – via businesswire.com
- Proxibid (Omaha) serving as exclusive provider of live online bidding for the liquidation auction of Ironwood Golf & Country Club – via proxibid.com
- Southeast Community College (Lincoln) chosen to implement virtual incubator network to reach startups – via journalstar.com
- Des Moines Startup Weekend announced scholarships – via dsm.startupweekend.org
- On Pitch released details around their South by Southwest Music panel – via onpitchmedia.com
- Established Omaha tech companies and organizations highlighted by Omaha World Herald: "Plugged into metro area"
- Charles Hull of Archrival (Lincoln) scheduled to speak at Dachis Group Social Business Summit in London on March 24, 2011