Prairie Moves: RockDex, Smelly Puppy, Uppward & more
Photo by Mark Michaelis via Flickr
Published every Tuesday, Prairie Moves keeps our readers informed about career moves, media coverage, product development, and more from the companies and individuals we cover on Silicon Prairie News.
If you or your company would like to submit one of the items below for our next Prairie Moves post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. And if you have suggestions on how we could improve these posts or any of our coverage, please contact me at email@example.com.
- Dundee Venture Capital (Omaha) participated in Graphic.ly's (Boulder) $3 million round – our article: "Dundee Venture Capital participates in Graphic.ly’s $3M round"
- RockDex (Omaha) mentioned by PBS MediaShift: "6 Predictions For the Music Industry in 2011"
- Dwolla (Des Moines) covered by The Next Web: "Move over PayPal, online payments just got social with Dwolla," Download Squad: "Dwolla, the low-fee PayPal alternative, now for Windows Phone 7" and mentioned by American Banker: "Speed Isn't Everything in Web Platform Integration"
- Zach Leatherman's (Omaha) side project "BigText" covered by DailyJS: "jQuery Roundup: jQuery 1.5, BigText, View, jKey, Jail"
- QuickCal Desktop 1.0, a product of Smelly Puppy (Omaha), covered by iSource: "QuickCal Desktop for Mac: faster than fiddling with iCal"
- SmartyPig (Des Moines) iPhone app covered by Credit.com: "SmartyPig iPhone App Makes Saving for Goals Even Easier"
- Uppward (Des Moines) highlighted by Examiner.com: "Uppward brings universal rewards to 30,000 feet"
- Snapp (Sioux Falls), a new partnership between brothers Scott and John Meyer of 9 Clouds (Sioux Falls) (John is an Silicon Prairie News contributor, too) and Carla White (Sioux Falls), was covered by the Argus Leader: "Custom-designed apps can be a Snapp"
- Tim Siedell, a.k.a. @BadBanana, was a special co-host on The Weekly Grind: "Download a little @badbanana"
- Brothers Scott and John Meyer of 9 Clouds (Sioux Falls) (John is an Silicon Prairie News contributor, too) and Carla White (Sioux Falls) partnered up to launch Snapp
- Oxide Design (Omaha) work included in iheartlogos book
- Wendy Townely (Omaha) is now contributing to the Creative Freelancer Blog: "The trick to getting traditional media coverage"
- Mike Templeton, social media manager of Kum & Go (West Des Moines) and co-founder of ScoreYard (Des Moines), was spotlightted by Des Moines Register: "Five things about social media success"
- Iowa State Athletics Department launched new iPhone app
- Freestyle Public Relations (Des Moines) published a blog post about their public relations strategy for Dwolla (Des Moines): "Dwolla: The Football Analogy"