Energy Innovation Summit at Gallup this Wednesday, June 16
On behalf of the Kauffman Foundation, we would like to invite you to attend the regional summit on Energy Innovation Networks at the Gallup Organization’s Omaha campus on Wednesday, June 16, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Here's more about the event, from kauffman.org:*
The Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation is partnering with the Gallup Organization, the City of Omaha and others to hold the event. We are working together in order to encourage new ideas in energy, new pathways for entrepreneurs to succeed, and new models of partnership to advance innovation.
Earlier this month, the Kauffman Foundation organized an Energy Innovation Conference at the White House. This conference acted as a national kickoff for a series of regional events. This upcoming meeting in Omaha will be the first of these regional events. The goal is to build on the discussion and recommendations that resulted from the Energy Innovation Conference, while at the same time, add new ideas to the mix.
You can register by visiting the Kauffman Foundation's summit homepage and using the code "eis" for the username and "registration" for the password field.
Silicon Prairie News will be in attendance, as well as participating in one of the breakout panels during the afternoon.
Regional Energy Innovation Summit Agenda:
Location: Gallup Riverfront Campus Omaha, Nebraska
- 8:30 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast in Nebraska Auditorium Corridor
- 9 a.m. Welcome in the Nebraska Auditorium by Omaha mayor Jim Suttle, Lesa Mitchell of the Kauffman Foundation and Ginger Lew of the White House Council of Economic Advisors.
- 9:15 a.m. Keynote in the Nebraska Auditorium given by Kristina Johnson of the U.S. Department of Energy
- 10 a.m. Break
- 10:15 a.m. Panel on Supplying Regional Innovation in Energy in the Nebraska Auditorium featuring Lesa Mitchell of the Kauffman Foundation (moderator), Ginger Lew of the White House Council of Economic Advisors, Jim Clifton of the Gallup Organization, Omaha mayor Jim Suttle, Amy Francetic of Invention Bridge, Kristopher Haag of the U.S. Department of Defense and Massoud Amin of University of Minnesota
- 11:30 a.m. Lunch in Nebraska Auditorium Reception Area
- 12 p.m. Keynote in Nebraska Auditorium given by Ted Zoller of University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill
- 1 p.m. Breakout 1 options:
- Nebraska Auditorium: Early adopters of energy innovation: the role of state-level policy in making markets
- Great Plains Room: Regional gap funding
- 2:15 p.m. Break
- 2:30 p.m. Breakout 2 options:
- Nebraska Auditorium: Cross-sector partnerships
- Great Plains Room: The human capital for energy innovation
- 3:45 p.m. Break
- 4 p.m. Discussion and Report in the Nebraska Auditorium moderated by Kristina Johnson of the U.S. Department of Energy
- 5 p.m. Joint Reception of the Regional Energy Innovation Summit and the Meeting of the Minds (Sponsored by HDR) in the Gallup Atrium. Welcome from Elwin Larson of HDR.
- 7 p.m. Reception ends
*Added source line Tuesday, June 15, 9:20 a.m.