Web Developer & Editor-in-Chief
We're excited to bring you our thirteenth Opportunities on the Prairie today, featuring listings from Pioneer Publishing (The Reader) in Omaha and The Post SD in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
If you or your company has one to add, please contact Danny at firstname.lastname@example.org with the listing and a short description of your company. We're looking for all types of opportunities, from a week-long project to a full-time position. We hope to help you make a connection.
If you apply to one below, please make sure to mention that you found it on Silicon Prairie News.
Pioneer Publishing (The Reader) – Web Developer (Omaha)
The Reader is an alternative weekly newspaper
Pioneer Publishing (The Reader) seeks a jack-of-all-trades geek for a variety of tasks, ranging from back-end Web programming to messaging our file servers to teaching others techie stuff (video editing, photo uploading, podcasting, etc).
Send resumes to email@example.com.
The Post is an online magazine that celebrates the people and life in South Dakota
The Post is looking for a creative, passionate, responsible and dedicated individual to fulfill this part-time position that is supplemented with a small monthly stipend.
The ideal candidate would be extremely passionated about journalism and telling stories and would have experience in reporting, editing, managing others and publishing to a website. Familiarity with South Dakota is essential.
The editor-in-chief is responsible for managing, publishing and organizing all of the site's content. Other duties include:
- Develop story ideas
- Manage story cycle
- Managing contributors: assigning stories, training them to use the site, training on reporting and writings skill they make lack, working with writers on revisions, checking up on deadlines, answering questions, advising on story direction and possible sources and sending updates about happenings within the co-op.
- Managing summer intern to work on side projects to promote the site
- Managing photo editor and oversee all images and graphics published to the site
- Plan and execute ways to recruit contributors
- Occasionally produce content for the site
- Listen and respond to readers’ comments, suggestions, complaints and compliments