Web Designer, User Experience Manager and Summer Internships
We’re excited to bring you our tenth Opportunities on the Prairie today, featuring listings from Snitily Carr in Lincoln, Phenomblue, Oriental Trading and Silicon Prairie News (that's us!) in Omaha, and 9 Clouds, Inc. in Sioux Falls.
If you or your company has one to add, please contact Danny at firstname.lastname@example.org with the listing and a short description of your company. We’re looking for all types of opportunities, from a week-long project to a full-time position. We hope to help you make a connection.
If you apply to one below, please make sure to mention that you found it on Silicon Prairie News.
Snitily Carr – Web Designer (Lincoln)
Snitily Carr is a full service advertising agency.
The Web Designer will conceptualize, create, and lay out designs for dynamic and static websites.
Responsibilities include site mapping, home page and interior page designs, web ad creation, and Flash animation. Position also requires content formatting and CSS creation as well as QA.
Position does not require web development; however, knowledge in this area is a plus. Designer will be responsible for the look and feel of sites, including navigation design and visual execution. Position requires a thorough understanding of the content management systems available and the nuances of designing for each.
Two or more years of web design experience required.
Proficiency in Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash, HTML, and CSS in a Mac or PC environment is necessary.
Phenomblue – Summer Internship (Omaha)
Phenomblue is an interactive experience agency.
We are looking for two summer interns to work in our Omaha office.
- We thought you’d like to check out the office before you start working here, so we made you a tour. Watch the videos, fill in the blanks (MadLibs style) by uploading your finished video to YouTube, then posting the live video link in the “embed” areas. Whatever you feel is appropriate. We didn’t make any rules.
Oriental Trading – E-Commerce User Experience Manager (Omaha)
Oriental Trading Company is the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies.
As our E-Commerce User Experience Manager you will manage a team of user experience architects and web designers by ensuring the team is properly staffed and trained to create and implement the user experience strategy. This includes information architecture, user interface design, interaction design and usability engineering.
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Graphic Design, Human Factors, Cognitive, or Experimental Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, or related field, or demonstrated related job experience
- 7+ years experience as an Interaction Designer or Web Design Manager (or similar role)
- Experience conducting user research and translating findings into the design experience
- Knowledge of the opportunities and limitations of web based application development, while staying abreast of shifts in industry standards and customer expectations
Silicon Prairie News – Summer Internship (Omaha)
Silicon Prairie News interviews the region's leading entrepreneurs and creatives, reports on startups and established companies and announces events.
- Contribute blog content (reports, interviews, updates, etc.) on the region's entrepreneurs and creatives
- Create partnerships with national media outlets and blogs
- Promote blog posts and events
- Copy edit website and event materials
- Dabble in ad and sponsorship sales
- We're looking for a great writer with an excitement to cover the region's up-and-coming entrepreneurs and creatives. We have lots of work to do and we have fun doing it. (Bonus points for having an interest or background in the tech industry.)
- We'll be offering a stipend, occasional free lunches, and an always-stocked beverage fridge, but we think the real value lies in building your online portfolio while connecting with some of the most talented individuals in our region. You'll also have an important role in reporting on Big Omaha, our premier annual event each May.
- If interested, contact Danny Schreiber at email@example.com with a short paragraph indicating why you feel you would be a good fit, the reasons you want to be involved, and links to or attachments of your past professional and/or personal work. Please attach your resume, as well.
9 Clouds, Inc. – Summer Internship (Sioux Falls and Brookings)
9 Clouds, Inc. is a social marketing firm.
We are starting an internship program that will allow participants to develop specific online marketing skills while getting a taste for all business operations of a startup from sales to development.
- The 9 Clouds, Inc. internship program is an unpaid internship with a minimum participation of 15 hours a week from May 15 to August 15.
- Applicants must be able to work in either Sioux Falls or Brookings for the majority of the summer.
Internship responsibilities may include:
- Complete management of a client account
- Basic web development
- Engagement and monitoring of social media accounts which could include: Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, LinkedIn, YouTube and more
- Lead generation and basic sales engagements
- Production of internal documents and processes
- Applicant must have access to a computer
- Able to work with 9 Clouds to balance a minimum of 15 hours a week from May 15 to August 15
All applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, April 19th